TPG Community

Get online support

internet not connecting. internet light not on

jhin
Level 2

tpg connected me to nbn today. i connected the tplink modem/router i received from the mail last week. i put in my username and password. 

the power and DSL LED are solid aswell as the 2.4g and 5g LED. the internet LED is NOT on.

i could not access the internet.  can anybody help me?

i rang tpg tech support twice and they dont know what is going on. they said someone will ring me within 24 to 48hrs.

55 REPLIES 55
jhin
Level 2

im becoming VERY FRUSTRATED now. school holidays and my internet DOES NOT WORK. anybody there that can help me. why wouldn't a technician come over to check if the internet is working when they connect us to nbn. why do we have to wait and wait for it to work. as far as im concern, im already paying for the service that is not working

HELP

Riezl

Hi @jhin,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details and we can see that the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team.

We have made a follow up and requested the case engineer to contact you as soon as possible to discuss the status of the case.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please let us know. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @jhin, we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch and discussed the progression of the case.

Should you require any assistance, please let us know. Thank you.

jhin
Level 2

that was yesterday

i notice in the tplink user interface the status for pppoe_ptm_2_0_d  is "DSL Disabled". is this the reason why the modem could not connect to the internet?  how do you enable it?

Riezl

Hi @jhin, thanks for getting back to us.

You NBN FTTN service uses a VDSL Technology, thus the DSL on the modem settings is disabled.

The case engineer lodged the issue to NBN Co. and further update will be provided as soon as it becomes available. 

For now, please leave everything connected and don't make any changes in the modem settings.

jhin
Level 2

pppoe_ptm_2_0_d is vdsl.  why is it disable?

pppoe_8_35_1_d is the adls setting and it is disconnected, which is correct

when is the technician coming to fix this problem?

Riezl

We'll have this checked and will have the case engineer contact you to further discuss the matter, @jhin.

Erika

Hi @jhin

I understand that one of our Engineers has been in touch yesterday. 

This case is under their handling and will continue to provide you updates as soon as additional information becomes available. 

Cheers,

jhin
Level 2

still NOT working. bloody do someting TPG.. im already paying

send a TPG technican here ASAP