TPG Community

Get online support

$11 Port out fee is NOT listed on TPGs Customer Information Summary

SOLVED Go to solution
tillycandoit
Level 2

To whom it may concern,

I have recently closed my TPG sim only no lock-in contract as I found a better deal. After doing so I received an email for a bill of $11 - Mobile Number Port Out fee.

This fee is not listed in the Customer Information Summary. It is clearly a hidden fee and deceptive, as I wasn't aware of it until after I had ported my number.

If it had been listed on the CIS I would accept it. But it's not. Having done some research and seeing many people with this complaint I already know TPGs response: "its in the contract found here". That's not good enough. I have checked ACMA's website concerning Critical Information Summaries and it states:

"It also tells you what to expect, such as:

• the fees and charges for the product or service, even if it is a ‘free’ offer"

This is a fee. One that a lot of customers of TPG would eventually run into. How is this not Critical Information? 

I will be making enquiries with the Telecomunications Industry Ombudsman.

I would like TPG to refund this fee.

Kind regards,

Anthony

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @tillycandoit 

We'd like to check on this further and see what we can arrange for you.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

BasilDV

Hi @tillycandoit 

The request to reverse the port out fee is being finalised and our team is required to speak to you.

May we have your preferred time and best number to be contacted today?

BasilDV

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @tillycandoit 

We'd like to check on this further and see what we can arrange for you.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @tillycandoit 

The request to reverse the port out fee is being finalised and our team is required to speak to you.

May we have your preferred time and best number to be contacted today?

BasilDV

tillycandoit
Level 2

Dear BasilDV,

Thanks for following up for me, you were a great help.

I have sent you a PM with the details requested. As mentioned I received an email and replied advising that the refund can be processed onto my card on file.

I have just marked this as 'Accept as Solution'. Again thanks for your help and have a lovely day.

Anthony

Shopback
Level 2

"If you port your mobile service number to another carrier a port out fee of $11 is payable in addition to any other charges."

It is clearly listed in the terms and conditions that you are asked to accept before commencing your mobile plan.