TPG Community

Get online support

Calls dont work at all, but Mobile data and SMS work fine.

Lachlantheoz
Level 2

I recently ported my number to TPG. The mobile data is fine and sms is fine, but calls dont work at all.

When i call someone, there is no dial up tone or anything. After a minute, it just cuts out. 

When another person calls me, it says i'm not reachable and to leave a message/ 

My phone is 4G and VoLTE compatible. But after putting this sim in, the VoLTE option has disappeared from my phone. I use a realme 2 pro jfyi.

Its a pain cause I cannot call the support line, and TPG doesnt provide chat support online.

6 REPLIES 6
Zulu
Level 3

Does sound like the same VoLTE issue some of us have had, though if your phone worked previously you'd think it would on TPG. So possible something a bit different. TPG do offer chat support, if you go to their support pages a window will pop up after a while (might have to be logged in to your user account?), you can ask them to reset VoLTE on your number which will hopefully fix it for you,

Zulu
Level 3

PS, first try a network reset on your phone by going to settings (reset options>reset wifi, mobile and Bluetooth

Ahra_G

Hi @Lachlantheoz,

You may find this link helpful: https://support.tpg.com.au/voice-over-lte-volte

The chat option is available on the lower right hand on our website. It should appear as long as we have live agents available. 

Let us know should you require assistance. 

-Ahra_G

Lachlantheoz
Level 2

Thanks @Ahra_G , however, that link you sent is dead.It says the page doesnt exist. 

I spoke to an agent on the chat, but they said it is only for sales and not for support. They told me to mail 

mobilesupport@tpg.com.au. I did, but got no response. Its been 3 days and I have no calling at all. 

Please let me know how to get this resolved. TPG has no physical outlets and all support is over the phone, which I cant access cause i can't make or recieve calls. 
david64
Level 15

@Lachlantheoz . Here is the correct link, for what it's worth.

https://support.tpg.com.au/voice-over-lte-volte

When you try to make a phone call, what indicator appears on status line?

Does LTE or 4G indicator stay on, or does it change to 3G?

Lachlantheoz
Level 2

@david64 it stays at 4G. I was previously using OPTUS, and when i use that sim, a VoLTE option pops up in my phone settings. With this TPG sim, its not there. I read somewhere that the carrier may also need to do something. Not sure