TPG Community

Get online support

Help Cancelling Mobile Sevice

channrak
Level 2
I wanted to get my old number ported to TPG but my service got cancelled before the sim was sent to me. Because of this I couldn't port the number over. When I called and asked instead to get a new number and cancel the porting I was told by the agent that they won't be able to do so unless I verified my identity online by sending photos of myself and my ID. I was advised this can take up to 2 business days.
When asked for an alternative I was told that that was the only way.
I then asked for them to just cancel my service and they said that I still needed to send photos of my ID online which I am not comfortable doing.
I have sent 2 emails in the last week and none of which were answered or even addressed.
I have now got a phone service with a different provider and no longer want to continue a service I cannot access. Can someone please assist me with cancelling the account?
3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @channrak

We'd like to check on what we can do for you.

Kindly send me a PM with your account details for further assessment.

BasilDV

CAC
Level 2
Level 2

I have been trying to cancel my account since August last year. I have called about 3 times and have been told it will be cancelled. I asked them to call me when it's done or any update and I haven't recieved anything. They are still charging me monthly via my credit card which is the worst thing. I will be taking this up with the Ombudsman as TPG are hopeless with customer service and are not doing the right thing by their customers.

BasilDV

Hi @CAC

We'd like to look into the account and see what happened with your cancellation request.

Kindly send me a PM with your account details for further assistance.

BasilDV