TPG Community

Get online support

Help - cannot receive SMS while overseas - have turned on International Roaming etc

Mueller
Level 2

Hi I am currently overseas (have been for 4 months) and I need to recieve SMS messages to my phone. So yesterday I turned on International Roaming (you took $500 off my credit card), made sure SMS was set to active. I have rebooted my phone (LG v30), removed TPG sim and put back in. Cleaned it. Tried putting the TPG sim in my wifes phone. Made sure text messages were set to receive on my phone. I have done everything I can think of to fix this.

Now hoping TPG support can help. I am in South America so +14 hour time difference limits the time I can call TPG support. I will try again to call TPG support but hoping you might be able to suggest something to save me an international call on my local South American sim card.

7 REPLIES 7
RajenS

Hi @Mueller 

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service.

kind regards

MEO
Level 2
Level 2

Hi RajenS

I have a very similar problem as Mueller does, when overseas my SIM doesn't pick up the local network. I wonder if it has to do with my plan (T4G PAYG) or if there's something wrong with my settings.

PS: I wouldn't know how to send a PM to you... unless this is one

Thanks

cheers

MEO

Riezl

Hi @MEO, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, Mobile Service Number (MSN) and complete address so we can pull up the account and look into this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

millstu
Level 2

Hi I am also overseas at the moment and need to recieve SMS messages to my phone. So yesterday I turned on International Roaming (you took $500 off my credit card), made sure SMS was set to active. I have rebooted my phone (Samsunf A50), removed TPG sim and put back in. I have done everything I can think of to fix this.

Now hoping TPG support can help.

BasilDV

Hi @millstu

Welcome to the Community!

We've created an article that may help you troubleshoot the international roaming issue.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

lmen1614
Level 2
hi,

I have the smae problem. Can you take a look at it for me. Thanks
BasilDV

Hi @lmen1614

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV