TPG Community

Get online support

International Roaming not activated when settings set to roam

adslu5j7
Level 2

I am in Canada with two tpg mobile sim-only accounts.

I have set the toggle switches in Mobile Plan settings to International Roaming.

I have received confirmation that International Roaming is active.

However, neither will allow me to dial out locally or back to Australia.

What else must I do?!!!

Looking for your other services?
Click here to manage your other services

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 7.24.07 pm.png

15 REPLIES 15
Angeli

Hi @adslu5j7

Kindly confirm if you have nominated a prepaid balance to utilise the international roaming feature. 

Regards,

Angeli

Hi @adslu5j7

I've received your private message and both mobile services have prepaid balances available. 

Since the roaming is active, kindly do a manual network selection on the handset and search for roaming network available on the list. Make sure that your handset is compatible for roaming.

If the service is still not working, please provide the following information privately:

Handset used:
Error message:

Cheers! 

Angeli

Hi @adslu5j7

I have escalated your roaming issue with our mobile tech team for investigation. I also asked them to shoot you an email to provide an update regarding the matter. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

adslu5j7
Level 2

I still have this problem and further discussed it with Queenie on the phone-in site in a 40 minute international call from Canada at my expense.

She was very pleasant and helpful and worked through my problem trying various ideas and tests...Then she said the same as you...that she would escalate my lack of international roaming issue.

So far, absolutely nothing further has happened and no further contact has been made with me.

Surely, some tech just needs to flick a switch or press a key to fix my problem of no international roaming?

Can you please help me?

adslu5j7
Level 2

I arrived in Canada 27 February 2022.

My international roaming still doesn't work in spite of many requests to tpg for help.

Has tpg lost control of its mobile international service agreements with foreign country servers completely?

Should we blame Covid 19 for this technical malfunction?

Come on guys, there must be a simple fix for this problem...

Angeli

Hi @adslu5j7

We've sent an urgent follow up to the relevant team where your case has been escalated for review and update should be available soon. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Regards, 

Angeli

Angeli

Hi @adslu5j7

As per the update from our Mobile Team, you must do a manual selection to either of the following networks:

CANEL Eastlink Canada Preferred
CANRW Fido Canada Preferred
CANK5 Wind (CANGW) Canada Preferred
CANVT Videotron Canada Preferred

Let me know how it goes.

Regards, 

Angeli

Angeli

Hi Mark, 

I have received your private response and passed it on to our Mobile Team. I've seek further assistance as to what else can be done since the networks provided does not appear on the options. I'll be in touch again once I hear back from them. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards, 

Angeli

Hi Angeli,

I am in Whistler, BC Canada.

None of those network choices are available in this location.

The choices that I have are:

1.            Rogers Wireless

2.            Freedom

3.            Bell

4.            TELUS

What can I do?

Regards,

Mark

adslu5j7
Level 2

Hi Angeli,

I am in Whistler, BC Canada.
None of those network choices are available in this location.

The choices that I have are:
1. Rogers Wireless
2. Freedom
3. Bell
4. TELUS

What can I do?

Regards,
M

IMG_5CAFC8D75B14-1.jpeg