TPG Community

Get online support

International Roaming

Level 2

I am currently overseas and i have activated romaing services. $500 prepaid amount have also been deducted from my account. However i am still unable to recive SMS or calls or make SMS or calls. Need this service urgently. Please assist. 

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
lft
Level 3
Level 3

I am having the same problem, $500 has also been deducted from my account. Cannot seem to find a solution.

Manuel
Community Manager

Hi @6017156 and @lft,

Welcome to the community.

Can you both private message your mobile number and what country you are in so i can further investigate the issue.

As a troubleshooting step you can try and do a manual network selection to try and choose another overseas provider that might solve your issues.

Apple IOS devises: Choose another provider

Iphone 8.PNG

Samsung guide: Choose another providerSamsung Roam.png

If this fixes your issue please reply in the community if not just private message your details so i can further investigate this on your behalves.

lft
Level 3
Level 3

Tried using other providers, no luck.  I've also made sure that I'm using +61 and have dropped the zero.  Can iMessage no problem

BasilDV

Hi @lft,

Have you done the instructions given by @Manuel?

Did you receive any error message?

Regards,

lft
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, I've tried everything that has been suggested

• tried another provider
  • added +61 to any mobile numbers
  • removed the 0
  • turned my phone on/off

ive even been charged $480 on my credit card! imessage works fine so I can contact anyone with an iPhone, unfortunately I have been overseas for a week with a phone that is useless.

BasilDV

Hi @lft,

We'd like to look into it further. We need information for us to proceed with the investigation.

May I have the mobile number that you have activated your roaming? And also the Country that you have tried to use it? Plus, the error message that we received when we try to send SMS or Call using your roaming SIM. Please include the network where you are connected.

Regards,

lft
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

i sent all of this information to Manuel a number of days ago.  Sadly, I have wasted too much of my time trying to solve this issue.  I will never rely on TPG again when I am overseas.  However, TPG are very quick to charge my credit card $480.

lft
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

i sent all of this information to Manuel a number of days ago.  Sadly, I have wasted too much of my time trying to solve this issue.  I will never rely on TPG again when I am overseas.  However, TPG are very quick to charge my credit card $480.

BasilDV

I see.

I'll chase this up with Manuel for more update.

Are you back in Australia already?

Regards,