TPG Community

Get online support

International Roaming

SOLVED Go to solution
THL
Level 2
Level 2

I have enabled international roaming on my mobile phone. I am currently in Singapore, I can make and receive phone call, but I am unable to receive SMS text messages. Please help, thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
THL
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for your reply. The problem has been solved. There was nothing wrong with my international roaming. I just discovered that my SMS notification had been disabled, as a result, I thought I could not receive SMS messages. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @THL,

Welcome to the community!

We'd like to confirm what troubleshooting have you done so far.

Please try to do the following.

• Restart handset
  •  Do SMS Loop  Send SMS to your own number
  • Check if this only happen to 1 provider.

Feel free to PM us your account details (Customer ID or the mobile number on file).

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

THL
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for your reply. The problem has been solved. There was nothing wrong with my international roaming. I just discovered that my SMS notification had been disabled, as a result, I thought I could not receive SMS messages. Cheers!

Shane

Hi @THL.

We are glad to know that there is nothing wrong with your service. For more queries in the future do not hesitate to open a thread here in our community.

Cheers!

Dor
Level 2
Level 2

I want to warn everyone TPG ROAMING IS A SCAM . I went overseas in January. At the first airport outside australia discovered that my sim is not working.  I activated roaming on 31st January.  My credit card was charged 499 dollars! I  was shocked by this amount but had to stay in touch with people at home .

It never worked. I cancelled it a few weeks later after complaining and trying to get them to fix it. I was told it was my phone's fault. The same phobe i used overseas with an optus card. I was told the refund would take weeks. Today is the 30 april i still haven't received the refund!!!

BasilDV

Hi @Dor,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We don't do such things to our customers as every information before activating the international roaming is posted on our website.

The $500 Prepaid Balance to cover the cost of international roaming usage is also posted. You may refer to this link for more information.

The amount was already credited to the account and will be refunded within 3 to 5 working days.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,