TPG Community

Get online support

Major eSIM Problem

SOLVED Go to solution
joesarsero
Level 2

I have an iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 17.5.1.

Today (4-08-2024) I attempted to transfer my TPG mobile number from my physical SIM to a new eSIM.

It appeared that all was going well but during the process I was presented with two phone numbers. One was the original number that I've had for 25 years (labelled as Primary) and the other was a new number (labelled as Mobile Data).

I received an email from TPG that my eSIM swap was complete. I waited an hour and restarted my iPhone.

I do not understand why there is a new second phone number.

If I switch off the new number and try to use only my old original number for my Default Voice Line and Mobile Data, nothing works.

If I choose the new number for Mobile Data, then I can access the Internet.

I tried removing the old physical SIM. Under Settings/Mobile it showed that the SIM for my original number was missing. I put it back in even though it should now be inactive. It now showed that the SIM was present but I could not use that number for Mobile Data.

iMessages sent to my original number don't come through.

When someone in my Contacts phones me, it is listed as No Caller ID. I don't understand why this is happening.

In Settings/Messages and Setting/Facetime, I am unable to use my original number.

In Control Centre, the Primary eSIM (my original number) is listed as SOS only.

This is a disaster. Half of my iPhone's functions don't work. What can I do to fix these problems?

I have not tried deleting the two eSIMS because I'm unsure if I can set it up again. Perhaps TPG should just send me a replacemnet physical SIM with my original phone number because this eSIM attempt has been a nightmare.

EDIT (5-08-2024)
Also, under Settings/Battery, a process called 'No Mobile Coverage' is eating through my battery. Over 50% of total usage in last 24 hours.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joesarsero
Level 2

UPDATE (7-08-2024)

I spent 45 mins (on another phone) with a lovely support person from TPG. Apparently, the new second number is supposed to be there only temporarily during the SIM to eSIM swap process and then auto delete. But something screwed up.

After trying many things, resetting network settings seemed to fix the issue. Bummer that I lost all my saved WiFi passwords.

I now have my 25 year old phone number back and I've discarded the physical SIM and am running on just one eSIM.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
adib_rahmang
Community Manager

Hi @joesarsero,

We'll raise this with our Mobile Team ASAP. Can you send me a DM?

How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

joesarsero
Level 2

UPDATE (7-08-2024)

I spent 45 mins (on another phone) with a lovely support person from TPG. Apparently, the new second number is supposed to be there only temporarily during the SIM to eSIM swap process and then auto delete. But something screwed up.

After trying many things, resetting network settings seemed to fix the issue. Bummer that I lost all my saved WiFi passwords.

I now have my 25 year old phone number back and I've discarded the physical SIM and am running on just one eSIM.