TPG Community

Get online support

Mobile plan

gillybean9457
Level 2

I've been a TPG customer since 2001 (17 years!).  I currently have my home phone, internet and mobile phone with TPG.  The mobile plan I have been on for quite a while gives me $550 worth of calls and SMSs and 1.5 GB of data per month.  This plan usually costs $19.99 but I get a loyalty discount which reduces it to $16.99.  I have recently discovered that there is now an updated plan with unlimited calls and SMSs and 2 GB of data for the same price - $19.99.  I enquired about changing to this new plan but was told that I would no longer get the loyalty discount and would have to pay the full amount.

This seems very unfair.  A work colleague who has only got their mobile with TPG upgraded from the same plan as me to this new plan at no extra charge.  Another work colleague moved from another service provider to this new TPG plan and gets the plan for $10 for the first six months.  However if I want to change I will have to pay $3 more each month.  This hardly seems a fair way to "reward" a loyal customer of 17 years.

i am considering moving my mobile to another carrier, but will stay with TPG if you offer me some sort of incentive to stay.

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Good day @gillybean9457,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We'd like to arrange a call from our Mobile Sales Team to discuss this further.

Please shoot me a message of your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

gillybean9457
Level 2

Thanks for your offer, however I spoke to someone there this morning and was again basically told tough luck.  I am so disappointed that I am currently in the process of moving my mobile to another carrier.  It appears that 17 years of loyalty counts for nothing with TPG.

BasilDV

Good day @gillybean9457,

If it’s not too late, I’d like an opportunity to put you in contact with one of our Mobile Sales Managers to relook at your original request.

Please shoot me a message of your preferred time to be contacted.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Good day @gillybean9457,

Just doing a follow up. Our Mobile Sales Manager is willing to talk to you to discuss this further.

Please provide us your contact details via private message so we will be able to arrange a call for you.

Kind regards,

gillybean9457
Level 2

Sorry, but I am afraid it is too late.  In fact I am even more annoyed now.  Nobody was prepared to offer me any assistance until I posted my situation on a forum for other people to see.  It seems you are more concerned about protecting your public reputation than doing the right thing by your customers.

gillybean9457
Level 2

I am actually now even more annoyed.  I have moved my mobile to a different carrier and was immediately charged a fee of $11 to port my number to my new carrier - very annoying but I wasn't surprised.  As I was only 14 days into a 31 day billing cycle, I phoned TPG to find out when I would be credited with the cost of the unused portion of my billing cycle and was astonished to find out that I am not actually entitled to a refund.  I asked why but the person on the phone seemed unable to explain this to me and just kept saying that I had already used my phone, therefore i wasn't entitled to a refund.

It seems TPG are very quick to charge people for a service that other mobile phone carriers offer for free (porting a number), however are reluctant to offer a refund for a service they didn't provide.  Again, I am extremely disappointed that TPG see this as a reasonable way to treat a customer of 17 years and confirms that I have done the right thing by moving my mobile phone to another carrier!