TPG Community

Get online support

Mobile prepayment refund/credit post account cancellation

SOLVED Go to solution
EazyD
Level 2

Hi

I have searched the forums and it seems other people are having difficulties with TPG with regards to Mobile prepayment refund/credit after cancelling their accounts

This has been my experience so far which has not been pleasant or efficient

I had both a T4G medium v3 mobile plan and a FTTBS internet account. My mobile plan was originally set up in 2012 as a Super heavy value plan and has gone through various changes as the plans have been changed by the company over time

I contacted TPG online support on Sat 18/4 to get information about cancelling my mobile plan and porting the number out. I was told if I ported the number out the account would automatically be cancelled and I would not be billed for the next billing cycle [which is due to start on 7/5]. I was also told that once the account was cancelled I could request my remaining prepayment balance [for excess usage and roaming] which currently stands at $211.84 could be credited to my FTTBS account or re-credited to my credit card. The remaining value on my mobile monthly billing charge of $29.99 would be forfeited though.

At no stage was I informed of a port out fee

The reference for this chat was 774715 and I spoke to "Eduardo"

I subsequently set up a new account with another provider and ported my number out later that evening.

The port was complete by Monday 20/4 and on my TPG account "View all mobile services" the mobile plan shows up as "Ported out"

I contacted the online chat again on Monday 20/4 to confirm that my mobile account has been cancelled and to request the prepayment balance be credited to my TPG FTTBS account. The support person told me he confirmed my mobile account was cancelled and would initiate a request to credit back my prepayment balance which would take up to 48hrs business hours

The reference for this chat was 786565 and I spoke to "Jaya"

Today it has been over 48 hrs and I rechecked my TPG account online. Not only had my prepayment balance NOT been refunded [either to my credit card or to my internet account] but I had actually recieved a $11 debit to my credit card for a porting out fee. I was never made aware of this fee when I asked for advice on the porting process on 18/4. I have been with TPG for 8 years and none of my previous mobile providers charged a porting fee. This seems quite unreasonable since I have already forfeited the remainder of this billing cycles charge [almost 2 weeks left in the billing cycle]

I contacted TPG online support today and spoke to "Erick" who was extremely unhelpful and basically just said they will do a  follow up and ended the chat. The ID was 814096

I am putting this up in the forums so this process can be quite transparent and so others can see how difficult this process is with TPG. I am hoping a senior moderator can get involved and action some of this since the online chat staff dont seem to have a clue.

1. I would like some definite confirmation that my mobile acocunt is actually cancelled. I will go straight to the ombudsman if I get a further monthly billing debit since there has been PLENTY of time to cancel further mobile direct debits before the next billing cycle starts

2. I would like my mobile prepayment balance of $211.84 to be credited to my TPG account for use for my ongoing FTTBS monthly bills. If this cannot be arranged then this balance should be credited back to my credit card

3. I would request that the $11 porting fee also be recredsited to my FTTBS account. I was not made aware of this charge BEFORE porting out my number and it is a pretty unreasonable charge in the first place for someone who is on a post-paid plan

4. I dont want any changes made to my FTTBS plan. Since the accounts are linked I am worried TPG will stuff up further and try to cancel my internet account as well.

Lets see if TPG can get this right and restore my confidence in them

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EazyD
Level 2
I can confirm now that there have been no further debits related to my cancelled mobile account.

Thus, I have had a successful conclusion to this problem. Thank you to David M and Greg.

Once again, I would suggest to other TPG clients to post publicly on this forum if they are having issues as it seems to be the best way to get the problem actioned.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
David_M

Hi @EazyD 

Thanks for your query!

Due to your complex concerns, I have escalated this direct to a Billing Officer to sort out your demands.

Someone should call you back on the mobile number linked to your account ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

EazyD
Level 2

Thank you David M.

I will keep updating this thread with my progress to maintain the transparency for others to see how this saga is progressing

As promised I have recieved a callback from a TPG billing officer "Greg" this afternoon

I was told he cannot find any request entered on 20/4 by "Jaya" for a re-crediting of my mobile prepayment balance.

"Greg" confirms my mobile account is cancelled and has offered to submit ANOTHER REQUEST for a re-credit to my TPG account of both my mobile prepayment and the port out fee.

The reference number for this conversation and request was 59603089

I was told this request will take another 1-2 working days and Greg will contact me to update of this progress either Friday or Monday. Of some concern he cannot guarantee that this request will be approved.

KEEP THIS IN MIND OTHER TPG CUSTOMERS. YOUR MOBILE PREPAYMENT MAY NOT BE REFUNDED DESPITE FOLLOWING ALL THE PROCEDURES THEY ASK OF YOU.

I will update this thread further once I have heard back from "Greg" or seen an appropriate credit on my TPG account balance.

Once again I hope this is resolved appropriately. My experience so far is that whatever I have been told via online logged support chats has not meant anything Smiley Sad 

EazyD
Level 2

"Greg" got back to me today and has confirmed that my port out charge and mobile prepayment balance has been re-credited to my TPG account. I have confirmed this online

Many thanks to David M and Greg for sorting this out efficiently

It is a shame that the online chat support experience was so poor and it took posting these issues publicly to elicit some action. At any rate the end result is what I wanted.

I'd strongly suggest other TPG users with account and billing issues to post publicly on the forums if you are hitting a brick wall 

I will mark this thread off as "solution accepted" in 2 weeks since I want to ensure no further mobile plan charges get debited from my credit card

David_M

Hi @EazyD 

Glad we can help!

TPG has got everyone they can re-deployed to customer service and were all trying to clear the backlog as quick as possible.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dave,

EazyD
Level 2
I can confirm now that there have been no further debits related to my cancelled mobile account.

Thus, I have had a successful conclusion to this problem. Thank you to David M and Greg.

Once again, I would suggest to other TPG clients to post publicly on this forum if they are having issues as it seems to be the best way to get the problem actioned.
David_M

Excelllent to hear!