TPG Community

Get online support

Replaced sim not Working

Rica_R

Hi @slackjack,

We're sorry to hear about the situation on your mobile connection, definitely this is not the service we aim to provide. We'd like to help in resolving this issue. 

I was able to locate your account using your Community details and have seen that the issue on both mobile number has been escalated and adjustment has been made. 

May we know if you have tested again both sim with the Galaxy 4? And may we request you to check the network selection for 3G/4G and let us know how it goes. 

Thank you. 

slackjack
Level 2

Hi,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier, but my wife who has the XXX293 card in her iPhone has been away,  I put her TPG sim in my Galaxy and it worked OK. So, in summary I've established that:

• Neither of your XXX384 sim cards work in any of my Galaxy S4's. Lets call them XXX384 (1) and XXX384 (2).
  • Also, your XXX384(2) card didn't work in my wife's IPhone last week.
  • My wife's TPG XXX293 sim worked on my Galaxy S4 as do two sim cards from two other providers.
  • Entering the APN details was a wasted exercise because my Galaxy was registered on the TPG (Vodafone) network without them being entered.
  • So, wouldn't all of this suggest that there's nothing wrong with my Galaxy S4's and the only conclusion is that the sim cards were at fault.

I've now thrown away the two cards I had and I'm using a card from another provider. What I would like is for someone to ring me or email me so we can work something out.

Thanks

John

Will

Hi @slackjack,

Thanks for the additional information.

Upon further checking, your mobile number ending in 384 has been ported out already. It seems like when you processed a SIM card online and mistakenly put the number, the request to port the number to that provider pushed through.

I have requested our Mobile Team to help you in getting your number back to TPG. Please expect a call on your homephone number between 5-6PM VIC today. If you have a preferred contact number, you may send it to me via PM so we can forward it over.

Regards,

slackjack
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the telephone call and the reply.  No, I ported the number well after the issues referred to.  The only true reason is that the replacement card was faulty in two respects.

• Physically, it didn't have enough cradles (frames).  It could be popped out for my Galaxy, but if I had an IPhone, I would have to have taken a knife or sissors to it.  How could that have happpened?  No one's ever explained that one.  That made me angry.
  • It wouldn't work.

No body offered to have a second replacement card mailed to me and it's too late now.

Cheers

John

Will

Hi @slackjack,

I was able to check the notes with our Mobile Team. I'm sorry to hear that you had to let go of your other number with us due to a poor experience.  We do thank you for providing us your feedback as this will help us improve the quality of service we'd want to provide our customers.

Hopefully, you'll reconsider us in the future.

Regards,