TPG Community

Get online support

SIM Activation issue after porting from another provider

TLi
Level 2
Level 2
My whole family four of us all porting from vodaphone to TPG, but none of the sim is working after activated. It caused so much drama for my family having to find another way to contact each other before we could go home on a Friday evening!

We find this totally unacceptable!! When we ported our phones from other service provider to vodaphone it only took 30mins, bear in mind that was 15years ago already! We cannot believe your service is not even competible with vodaphone’s one 15years ago!

We ended up going to Coles late at night to get prepaid Optus sim for temporary use.

If this issue is not resolved by tomorrow, we will like to have our money back and we will refer this to fair trading as a misleading conduct, as your customer service told us once sim is activated we could use straight away.
9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @TLi,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We'd like to look into your account to understand what happened with the activation of your SIM card. Please shoot me a private message of your customer ID number or Mobile number.

Here's the link on how to send a PM via TPG Community.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

TLi
Level 2
Level 2
Hi, vodaphone sevice stooped working last Friday 5.30pm for all other 3 numbers and three numbers all received porting message from vodaphone, we were really frustrated and disappointed by your service
BasilDV

Hi @TLi,

We understand, however, the initial request to port your number was rejected by your previous Mobile provider. The request was already resubmitted by our Mobile provisioning team. They'll be in touch once the request has been rejected again.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

TLi
Level 2
Level 2
It’s hard to understand if the information submitted second time is incorrect again why vodaphone sent through the porting message and all phones cannot be used shortly after?? We were told that keep using vodaphone sim until it’s not working then change over to TPG sim, but your sim was SOS only!

Even I accept your “explanation” for the 3 numbers, what about the one with correct info provided?!?! I only got connection from noon today, it took TPG almost 2 days to do something so simple!

Again your service is unsatisfactory and so is your explanation.

We have been using your naked ADSL for last 10years, after this bad experience we will have to reconsider to switch to other service provider.
BasilDV

Sorry if you feel that way @TLi.

If the 3 numbers are still not working, I will arrange a call from our Mobile tech team as we can see the status of your Mobile numbers are all Active.

Please PM me your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

TLi
Level 2
Level 2

Please call at 2pm and speak to my husband Alick Chan, his name is also on the account. Just checked with him, his TPG sim (number ending with 118) is still SOS!! My parents are out of contact at the moment, but if it works they would have told me by now!

While I have you here I would also like to mention it takes forever for TPG to get a quote from Telstra to install a phone line for our internet in our new place, it’s been another week yet no news. My husband will discuss this with you as well.

BasilDV

Thank you @TLi.

I'll notify our Mobile tech team to contact your husband at 2pm.

I've reviewed the account and learned that we still didn't receive any update from Telstra. I'll chase it with our Provisioning team and have someone to contact you within the day.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @TLi,

Our Mobile team was able to contact your husband and explained that the 3 Mobile numbers is affected by the unplanned delay in transferring the data to our system.

I understand that our Provisioning team was able to get in touch with you and advised that they are still waiting for the update from Telstra. Your case manager will be monitoring the account and be in touch once an update is available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @TLi,

I understand that our ADSL Provisioning team has been in touch and explained that there were no lead-in cable that runs from the street into your premises. A lead-in is the cable that connects into Telstra's distribution network from the outside of your premise going into your Network Boundary Point or Main Distribution Frame (for apartment complex).

Without a functional lead-in, we cannot provide you with a working Internet and voice service. Please be advised that TPG is not responsible for providing a lead-in cable to your premises.

An email was sent to Alick's email address with your options.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV