TPG Community

Get online support

Sim activation issue

KerrieG87
Level 2
I need some help today with my new SIM. Originally I wanted to port my number from Vodafone but that’s just not working so can you please just activate my TPG sim with the new number. I’ve not had an active sim for almost 7 days and need this to be activated ASAP! Thanks. I’ve been communicating with Peter but he hasn’t replied today so hoping another team member can assist.
5 REPLIES 5
David_M

Hi @KerrieG87 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @KerrieG87 

Have you tried activating it through your online account portal?

Here is a guide.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/SIM-Only-Plans/How-to-activate-your-TPG-Mobile-SIM-card/td-p/5644

Let us know how you go.

Regards,

David_M

KerrieG87
Level 2
So I followed the online activation and requested to port my mobile number over from Vodafone. No where on the letter that came with the sim did it say to keep the old sim in my phone and wait until activation is complete. So I no longer have access to my old sim to reply to the text message that I’ve been sent to finalize the activation. What I am now asking, Andrew, is to have the option to have a new number and forget porting my old number from Vodafone. I have gone to the online portal and there’s no option there to chose to activate with a new number, since I’ve originally requested to port my old number. Does that make sense? So I need you to activate my new TPG sim that TPG allocated 0424335166 as the number. Currently it’s SOS only and I can only use my phone whilst connected to WiFi. How can we proceed from here??
David_M

Hi @KerrieG87 

Do you have any landline/mobile number a mobile activations officer could call you on?

Can you PM a contact number that you can recieve calls on?

Thanks,

KerrieG87
Level 2
No I don’t have another number but that’s ok Peter has been in touch from our conversation yesterday and is having the matter dealt with. Thanks for your assistance anyway.