TPG Community

Get online support

Sim card takes too long to arrive

htl151122
Level 2

I received the email saying the sim card has been dispatched on 17 Nov and it would take 10 business days due to Covid. Why on earth is this still a thing? I used to order from other provider during peak Covid time and the sim card arrived after 2, 3 days. I ordered the sim card 2 weeks in advance before my current cycle ends and now that my cycle with current provider is almost done and I still haven't received the sim card from TPG yet. I will have to go with the current provider for another month because I wanted to keep my current number so I cannot cancel the current service. Not a good experience from the get go

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @htl151122

Have you contacted our Mobile team to report this? The SIM card might have been lost if you haven't received it within 10 business days.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG account details to assist you further.

BasilDV

htl151122
Level 2

I contacted support and requested a sim replacement. I was told that TPG has decided to go with another carrier (StarTrack instead of Post Office) which will hopefully improve the delivery speed. 2 days later I got a notification from StarTrack that the sim would arrive before COB. However, when I got home, I saw another notification saying that 'Attempted delivery - Incorrect address on item' so the item was brought back to StarTrack warehouse and that I should contact sender. I have absolutely no idea what's going on here. I got my eBay orders delivered ALL the time to this exact address. So after a long day at work, I tried to call support again and was waiting over 1 hour with no reply at all. Obviously, the support email sent me said the business hours is from 8am-9pm and I was calling right after I got home at around 6pm. To be honest, I've never had this much hassle when ordering just a sim card. Really disappointed with this whole experience. I thought I would try TPG as many of my friends have been with TPG. That's it for me. I don't care about the money that I paid for the sim anymore. I've decided to go with another provider. Just want to share my experience. Hopefully no one will be in similar situation.

Ahra_G

Hi @htl151122

We're sorry about the inconvenience caused. We'll inform our Mobile team that you no longer wish to proceed with the service. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G