TPG Community

Get online support

TPG mobile port out fee and billing period term not listed in Critical Information Summaries

SOLVED Go to solution
Hans12345
Level 2

Hi TPG

I got charged $11 for having my number ported out from TPG.

&I was told by your customer service in email "If your transfer was requested within 7 days of your next billing period, plan charges for that billing period will also apply." so you charged me for Jan 22 to Feb 21 service period even if my TPG service has been cancelled on Jan 19 when my new provider began their service.

Neither of the port out fee or the 7-day term is listed on TPG Mobile Plans Critical Information Summaries (CIS). 

Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)  has a very clear statement regarding Critical Information Summaries (CIS) : "It also tells you what to expect, such as: the fees and charges for the product or service, even if it is a ‘free’ offer." 

If you charge me for something not listed on Critical Information Summaries (CIS), this is depective and cheating.

I would like to have my refund.

Regards

Han

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @Hans12345,

You may refer to this link regarding the Mobile number portability: https://www.tpg.com.au/terms_conditions/mobile_terms.php

6. MOBILE NUMBER PORTABILITY

6.6. We may charge you a fee to port the phone number to another carrier or carriage service provider.

Send us a private message and we'll pull up your account. 

-Ahra_G

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ahra_G

Hi @Hans12345,

You may refer to this link regarding the Mobile number portability: https://www.tpg.com.au/terms_conditions/mobile_terms.php

6. MOBILE NUMBER PORTABILITY

6.6. We may charge you a fee to port the phone number to another carrier or carriage service provider.

Send us a private message and we'll pull up your account. 

-Ahra_G

peter863
Level 2

I have the same problem and I would like to ask for a refund as it didn't list the port out fee on the purchase page. 
As someone mentioned it's critical Information that should be listed before consumers pay for it.
Therefore, I would like to ask for a refund of the $11 port out fee and the additional sim card plan I bought as it wasn't mentioned the pot out fee would be charged on the purchase page.

Meanwhile, I only used it for 4 months (2/12/2023-1/4/2024), but I have been charged 5 months as I have had prepaid $12.5, for the first month. 

Please refund $12.5, for the extra month that I was charged.