TPG Community

Get online support

TPG scam? - getting billed after service deactivation. can you pls deactivate my phone number? i had requested it 3 wee

MaryJane
Level 3

TPG scam? - getting billed after service deactivation.

can you pls deactivate my phone number? i had requested it 3 weeks back and i am still getting billed and it's still active.

I have been on the phone for hours multiple times a day and no one picks up.

I spoke to your rep on the phone regarding the cancellation of Phone xxxx. Looks like she didn't do her job apart from being a salesperson asking me to transfer the phone number to my uncle's aunties, and cousins.  Please be professional and resolve this ASAP.

get in touch ASAP and resolve my issue. else I will complaint to the communication ombudsman.

News channels are free to use the above text.

12 REPLIES 12
BasilDV

Hi @MaryJane 

How's your service?

Is the mobile handset you are using can work with 4G network? 

What is the make and model of the handset?

MaryJane
Level 3
Hi BasilDV,
Yes, my mobile can use 4G network.
My mobile is Mi 10T.

Thanks
BasilDV

Hi @MaryJane 

Can you go into the SIM card settings and change the preferred network to LTE/4G or 5G if compatible?

Then test the service once done.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Alright. Can you try to change it to the 5G option?

Test it once done, if not working, then give it a quick reboot then try again.

Let us know how it goes.

MaryJane
Level 3
I've changed the setting to 5G and done the reboot, but it still doesn't work.
It's weird because I've been calling the same overseas landline number for years and only recently it stopped working.
BasilDV

Can you check if VoLTE is enabled on your device?

Since the the closure of the 3G network, the voice feature will run through the 4G/LTE network with the use of VoLTE.

Turn VoLTE on your Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro Android 10.0 on or off
Press Settings. Press SIM cards & mobile networks. Press the required SIM. Press the indicator next to "Use VoLTE" to turn the function on or off.

Test the service once done and let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

MaryJane
Level 3
Unfortunately it still doesn't work.
I found the problem started on 13/01/2024, before this it was all ok.
lyp
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for your advice. My mobile is honor 70 (new), and honor 6. When I check the network in Status, it says Service status is 'In service', but Mobile network status is ' disconnected'. My husband's mobile (Huwei 7 Pro) also within TPG, he has no problem under the same network mode: LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto......