TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to access voicemail

SOLVED Go to solution
jcn77
Level 2

Hello,

I am unable to access my mobile voicemail. When I call 121 the following message comes up:

"The number you have called can't be accessed. Goodbye."

Voicemail was working last week. I have checked my online account settings, and Voicemail setting is on "Activated".

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @jcn77, let me have your TPG mobile number via private message and we'll have our Mobile support team to assist you. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Ahra_G

Hi @jcn77,

Were you trying to access your voicemail overseas? If so, you may follow the instructions below:

For retrieving the Voicemail overseas, you need to dial "+61414121121".

Afterward, you need to:

• Press ‘*’
  • Enter your mobile number starting with '04'
  • Press ‘#’
  • Enter your voicemail security code
  • Press ‘#’

Otherwise, you may try setting up your voice mail again. You may check this article on how to How To Set up Voicemail and Visual Voicemail for TPG Mobile.

Let us know if you require further assistance. 

Thanks!

Ahra_G

jcn77
Level 2

Hi @Ahra_G 

I am not overseas, I am in Australia.

I have tried calling 121. It asks me to type in my phone number. When I did that it comes up with the message "The number you have called can't be accessed. Goodbye." And then hangs up.

I cannot access the voicemail set up.

I have checked my online account settings, and Voicemail setting is on "Activated".

Please help.

Ahra_G

Hi @jcn77, let me have your TPG mobile number via private message and we'll have our Mobile support team to assist you. 

dions
Level 2

I have precisely the same problem. Started yesterday. How do I fix this?

BasilDV

Hi @dions

We are working on your case on this post.

This has been raised to our Mobile Engineers and will chase this with them for further discussion.

BasilDV

jcn77
Level 2

@dions TPG called me and after waiting for 3 days voicemail was reset and I was able to set up the voicemail again. (It does mean that any voicemail received during the 'down' period was lost).

ivanov
Level 2

I'll join the party. Just ported to TPG today and voicemail stubbornly not working. Visual Voicemail also. And to be able to sort this out, it looks like I can't PM anyone until I've posted more messages like this. 

Becker
Level 2

I have the same problem.

Ahra_G

Hi @Becker

Is this a newly activated service or has worked previously? We recommend checking out this article: How To Set up Voicemail and Visual Voicemail for TPG Mobile

Send us a private message with your Customer ID or mobile number if you're still unable to access your voicemail adter following the steps from the article: 

-Ahra_G