TPG Community

Get online support

cannot make calls after SIM card is activated

hayjjhi
Level 2

got TPG email stating that the SIM card is activated but I cannot make calls at all. please advise.

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @hayjjhi ,

We did an article that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to perform basic troubleshooting on how to fix Call Issues.

Please see link below.

Troubleshooting issues with Incoming/Outgoing Calls on TPG Mobile 

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

@hayjjhi wrote:

got TPG email stating that the SIM card is activated but I cannot make calls at all. please advise.

ydl
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, the linked article does not assist.

I have a Sony Xperia 5 IV and have done the correct APN setup, yet I am still unable to make or receive calls using the TPG sim.

SMS works and so does data.

Your help would be most appreciated.

BasilDV

Hi @ydl 

Did you enable the VoLTE/4G Calling on your phone?

Since the closure of the 3G network, we require customers to have a handset that has a VoLTE/4G calling feature, since the Voice service will travel through the 4G network.

If you can't activate or enable the VoLTE on your device, please contact Sony Support for the instructions.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

ydl
Level 2
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

According to Sony it says to contact my network operator - hence i'm reaching out to TPG.

The phone is 4G/5G compatible - and on our other phone with another network we do not have this issue. Nor did we have this issue when we used an Optus SIM.

The only difference is now that it's a TPG sim.

Your assistance would be most appreciated

BasilDV

Did you purchase the handset here in Australia or outside?

You need to enable the VoLTE and no need to change the default APN settings on the phone.

Optus hasn't shutdown their 3G network, which explains why it was working before.

Can you try your TPG SIM to another handset/mobile phone to test the outgoing and incoming calls?