TPG Community

Get online support

cannot send but can receive SMS on TPG Mobile on Android phone

SOLVED Go to solution
dkdsanderson
Level 2

Earlier today I was able to send/receive sms using my Samsung Android phone on the TPG/Vodafone Network.

Now, I can only receive SMS's.

I checked the Message Details:

Type: Text message

To:  Husband (+61#######)

Sent:  12:06 PM, 12 Feb

Delivery report:  Not requested

If someone can help, would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

David

P.S.  I checked account balance which is in credit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Got your PM, @dkdsanderson

We have remotely refreshed the outgoing feature of your phone on our end. Kindly restart your phone again, wait for approximately 15mins then try sending another SMS to your own number. 

Let me know if that resolves it, otherwise, we will have one of our Mobile Tech support to contact you and perform troubleshooting along with you. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Ahra_G

Hi @dkdsanderson

Welcome to the Community! 

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues in using the sevice. We're here to help! 

Have you tried any troubleshooting so far? If not, try restarting your mobile phone and then send an SMS to your own number. Let us know hot that goes.

We also need to check further if there is any active bars on your account. In order to do so, could you please send us with your Customer ID or mobile number via private message so we can pull up your account? 

Thank you! 

dkdsanderson
Level 2

Hi Ahra_G,

Yes, I had already tried rebooting the phone, I also turned the phone off and let it sit for 10 mins before restarting the phone.  But this did not make any difference, the phone still won't send SMS's to anyone.  Receiving SMS is no problem, and making and receiving calls is no problem.

After checking my account I can see there are no national bars, just bars for international.

I will send phone details shortly.

Thanks.

DKDS

Ahra_G

Got your PM, @dkdsanderson

We have remotely refreshed the outgoing feature of your phone on our end. Kindly restart your phone again, wait for approximately 15mins then try sending another SMS to your own number. 

Let me know if that resolves it, otherwise, we will have one of our Mobile Tech support to contact you and perform troubleshooting along with you. 

dkdsanderson
Level 2

Fantastic!  This has solved the problem. 

Now, Happy Wife, Happy Life !!!

Thanks for help.

Dave

DKDS

Ahra_G

Indded! Glad to hear that it's sorted now, @dkdsanderson! Smiley Happy

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again should any assistance arise. 

Cheers! 

Novem_Desmond
Level 2

Since yesterday morning i can recieve message buy unable to send for my Hp number +65 89318301. The other nuber i have is working well. Pls check for me my setting is Username: TPG Apn: Tpg is this the correct setting?

Novem_Desmond
Level 2
I had already subscribe for the monthly $10 plan.

Riezl

Hi @Novem_Desmond ,are you having issues with your TPG Mobile Singapore Service? If yes, kindly send an email to Singapore Mobile Team at support@tpgmobile.sg or visit their Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/TPG-Singapore-785533401811953 so they can further assist you with your concern.

Otherwise , send us a private message with your TPG AU customer ID and complete address. Thank you.

tremayne14
Level 2
I have the same issue and did when I first joined and activated my SIM too!

Can’t send any messages.

Secondly every time I try to login to my account online, I get an error message and have to change my password every single time. This is extremely frustrating