TPG Community

Get online support

insufficient funds to make a outgoing call; no mobile data; lengthy wait time on phone to TPG

jenmthomas
Level 2

Hi,

On Friday I bundled my TPG NBN with my TPG Mobiles and on Saturday I found I had no mobile data and am unable to make outgoing calls and texts - i am told I have insufficient funds to make a call. I don't know why this is the case - I have had 4 debits from my visa to align billing cycles and have put two $10 amounts into my prepaid balance. I cannot see how I have insufficient funds.

I spent all day on the phone, using my partner's number because I can't make calls - twice I got through to Technical support but it dropped out - they did not ring me back, I don't know why, did they think I had hung up on them??

When I got through to support they could not explain why my mobile data wasn't working - they said it was network issues, which is strange because my partner's phone is working.

I want to unbundle my NBN from my mobile plans and have things back the way they were on Thursday. I don't care if I end up paying more for the service. Bundling meant I saved $10 per month but I would rather pay more and have the service.

My daughter's mobile data is also not working. She is going into hospital in a few days and I want to be able to call her and I want her to have mobile data. I want to have mobile data! 

This is very frustrating - I can't go anywhere if I can't make calls or access mobile data - we were going to get a Christmas tree yesterday but I spent all day on my partner's phone trying to get answers from TPG, but to no avail. the whole situation doesn't make sense - why does my partner have service but I do not? Why didn't TPG call back when the line dropped out?

I am now waiting 2 hours for a call back from Technical support. My partner is saying that we will move to another provider if this issue is not resolved within the next 2 days. I don't want to do that but I don't know what else to do, I need to be able to make calls and access mobile data when I am out, particularly now that we have to sign in with a QR code everywhere we go due to COVID.

Please help TPG, please reconnect me!

Thank you

Jen

8 REPLIES 8
Level 2

I am facing the same since yesterday. Did your problem solved?

jenmthomas
Level 2

No TPG says they will get back to me in 24/48 hours - tried all manner of troubleshooting but nothing successful, they've sent it as a priority to next level up; waiting to hear. My partner wants to transfer to another provider - this could not have happened at a worse time!!

Jen

Ahra_G

Hi @jenmthomas

We're sorry to learn about the difficulty you are faced with on your mobile service.

I've managed to locate your account using your Community details and have recent notes on the account indicated that an escalations officer has contacted you and raised the issue with our Network Team. 

We'll monitor the progress of the lodged fault and will reach out as soon as an update becomes available.

Regards,

Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Hi @0457061571

Kindly let us know of your most convenient time to receive a call so we can have a member of our Mobile Support Team to contact and assist you further.

Regards,

Ahra_G

tatajay
Level 2
I have the same problem. No call, text and internet.

I’ve requested call back but have not heard back from either billing or technical support.
Ahra_G

Hi @tatajay, We'd be glad to assist you further! 

Please send your Customer ID or username via private message so we can get to the bottom of your concern.

Regards,

Ahra_G

aeffendi
Level 2

I'm having the same problem as well after transferring a number and account. How can they get it so wrong ??? Can't even use my phone. But they are precise when it comes to billing a person.

Ahra_G

Hi @

We've responded to your post here: Been trying to transfer mobile number to a new account but TPG aren't getting back to me

We're still awaiting your TPG account details in order for us to assist you accordingly. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G