TPG Community

Get online support

just ported number, mobile account active but unable to make calls

paulinebirnie
Level 2

I have recently ported my number from another carrier and received an email from TPG saying the account is now active but I'm unable to make any calls as I have "insufficient funds" 

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @paulinebirnie

When you recieve your new TPG SIM Card in the mail, activate your new TPG SIM Card through the TPG website. Follow the instructions provided in your SIM Card letter or click here for more info and a short video about how to activate your SIM card. Keep your old provider's SIM Card in the mobile phone during this step.

The number porting request usually takes about 15 minutes to be completed during business hours but can take up to 2 days on weekends. Once  it's completed, your old mobile SIM from your previous provider will stop working. Simply insert your new TPG SIM Card to start using your new service.

Please send us with your TPG mobile number via private message so we can have our Mobile Support Team to assist you further. 

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Ahra_G