I use outlook and I can receive emails through tpg but not send them. I get an error message that says
Authentication denied. User is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse.
I don't know what this means or how to fix it. Does anyone else
Welcome to the Community!
Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.
Your account may have been used to send a spam-like emails. This can be caused by a virus infection or account compromised. Please run a full system scan on all of your computers.
Furthermore, please change your TPG account password. Once password has been changed, kindly configure your modem with the new password and if you are using an Email Client, kindly update the account password there as well.
To reset your password:
1. Log on to the TPG "Your account " section. [ https://www.tpg.com.au/home/myaccount ]
2. Enter your TPG username and current password
3. Click on "Change Password"
4. Create a new password (Password should contain alphanumeric, minimum of 8 characters)
5. Wait for 15-20 minutes for the new password to take effect.
Please check if the issue has been rectified 30 minutes after changing your password. Otherwise, please inform us so we could ask our Postmaster to have your account unblocked.
Kindly inform us if we could be of further assistance.