TPG Community

Get online support

Can’t send emails on iPhone

david64
Level 15

@timt55 . Your incoming port 995 uses SSL/TLS security. What is security on your incoming connection?

If you have the same setting for sending security, you should use port 465. (Port 587 uses STARTTLS or NONE.)

timt55
Level 2
Could you phone me please and talk this through. It is becoming very frustrating
Cheers
Tim
david64
Level 15

@timt55 . Best to ring Apple support. Your receive connection works so don't change it. You want the send side to work in basic mode, then change to use encryption.

With the proper settings, mail will work on wifi and mobile data.

Adjust your iPad to match your phone.

timt55
Level 2
I contacted Apple support and they don’t believe there is an issue with the phone. Could someone from tpg contact me please as I don’t seem to be getting anywhere with these messages
Tim
david64
Level 15

@timt55 . The phone is not broken, just the settings are wrong. TPG will only refer you to this article. It has the settings for TPG mail server and description for iPhone. You won't be adding an account, just checking that your settings match what's in the article.

When you have it working in basic mode, consider using encryption as the next step.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/SIM-Only-Plans/Setting-up-email-on-your-iPhone-and-Android-phones/m-...

jackdavis42
Level 2

Just for completeness I thought I would tell you about a similar problem I had and how it fixed it. I got the same whinge as the OP. So I went into the iphone mail settings for the TPG email server and simply re-typed the password. No change at all just retyped the password exactly as it was.

That was enough to clear the logjam.

Shane

Hi @jackdavis42,

Glad to know that it did the trick , @jackdavis42. 

We appreciate sharing your tips. In the event that you still require assistance. Please let us know. 

Regards,

Just for completeness I thought I would tell you about a similar problem I had and how it fixed it. I got the same whinge as the OP. So I went into the iphone mail settings for the TPG email server and simply re-typed the password. No change at all just retyped the password exactly as it was.

That was enough to clear the logjam.