TPG Community

Get online support

Can't send emails

SOLVED Go to solution
AP161
Level 2

Every so often I can't send emails. They can sit in my outbox for hours sometimes days. I have emailed TPG support several times but have been completely ignored. When I try to send an email I get  the following message "Sender address rejected by server. Server response was: Authentication Required. Select different outgoing mail server from the list below or click try again later". There is only tpg.com.au in list so I always click try again later but nothing happens for hours /days and then suddenly the mail goes through. It is really frustrating when an important email has to be sent and it just sits there.  Does anyone else have this problem and how can I fix it.  I have a Mac computer. Any advice would be appreciated

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @AP161,

We created an article that will help us guide a step-by-step procedure to fix this. Please see the article below and let us know how it will go.

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP

Regards,

Every so often I can't send emails. They can sit in my outbox for hours sometimes days. I have emailed TPG support several times but have been completely ignored. When I try to send an email I get  the following message "Sender address rejected by server. Server response was: Authentication Required. Select different outgoing mail server from the list below or click try again later". There is only tpg.com.au in list so I always click try again later but nothing happens for hours /days and then suddenly the mail goes through. It is really frustrating when an important email has to be sent and it just sits there.  Does anyone else have this problem and how can I fix it.  I have a Mac computer. Any advice would be appreciated

View solution in original post

AP161
Level 2

Thank you Shane, did as you suggested and changed my password  and the mail that was sitting in my outbox for the past 4 days has now gone through.  This is not the first time this has happened, mail goes Ok for a few months and then it developes this problem again. Hopefully this wont happen again.  Thanks again for you help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @AP161,

We created an article that will help us guide a step-by-step procedure to fix this. Please see the article below and let us know how it will go.

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP

Regards,

david64
Level 15

Hi @AP161 . The TPG mail server is   mail.tpg.com.au       . 

Is your username the only one in the Mac mail app?

Have you enabled Authentication for sending emails?

And do you have your username and password configured in the connection?

If your emails on the Mac are backed up, you could try deleting the TPG mail connection and/or yourself from the mail app and re-add.

This message can be searched in Google; hits on Apple support.

Or contact Apple support for suggestions.

AP161
Level 2

Hi! David 64, Thanks for all of that info had tried most of it and yes I am the only one on the mail app. Have also received some info from a Moderator as well so have done that and it seems to have work. Thanks again for your help.

AP161
Level 2

Thank you Shane, did as you suggested and changed my password  and the mail that was sitting in my outbox for the past 4 days has now gone through.  This is not the first time this has happened, mail goes Ok for a few months and then it developes this problem again. Hopefully this wont happen again.  Thanks again for you help.

Shane

Hi @AP161,

Glad to know that it did the trick. In the event that it happens again in the future let us try to do the same troubleshooting. Have a lovely weekend.

Regards,