TPG Community

Get online support

Connections issues - do I need to update firmware?

mockaccino
Level 2

Hi,

In the last couple of months weve been experiencing connection issues. If we connect its only for 5 minutes and then drops out again. Is it possible that I need to update the firmware on the Archer VR16001600v?

My modem's info:

Firmware 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n

Hardware version: Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

Could the modem be stuffed?

Should I buy a new one?

Any other suggestsions?

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @mockaccino 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the NBN line.

We've detected a possible fault within the NBN network that may have caused the issue.

This has been escalated to our Engineering team for further investigation and updates will be given within 24 to 48 hours as soon as it becomes available.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

BasilDV

mockaccino
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

Thanks so much for your welcoming words and technical support.

Kind regards, Matt

BasilDV

You're welcome, @mockaccino.

Cheers!

mockaccino
Level 2
Hi BasilDV,
Thanks for helping me out. We had a technician out and our connection is working much better
Kovacek
Level 2

A firmware update will upgrade your device with advanced operational instructions without needing any upgradation in the hardware. By updating the firmware, you will be able to explore new features that are added to the device and also have an enhanced user experience while interacting with the device.

Tate1123
Level 2

It is as though patients are at the doctor’s office since Centura’s official site is fully connected with Centura’s EHR system. In addition, the MyCenturaHealth patient portal is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to any patient with login credentials.