TPG Community

Get online support

Constant dropouts on NBN not resolved

peter65
Level 2

This seems a very common problem.  Logged a TPG ticket on the 16/10/2018.  Thats two weeks ago.  Technicians have visted from NBN and TPG without any clear explanation back to the customer.  Still getting problems without resolution in sight.  TPG have taken my $$ and then are blaming NBN group for delay.  No service is no service, how can TPG continue to charge customers with this going on?

This is most annoying.  I can't stream movies or cast to google chrome due to constant drop outs.  Even sending emails are interupted that means the connection is not fit for purpose.  Whats the best way to get this resolved quickly?  How do I get a refund for the poor service?  Its not like I'm on a basic plan.

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @peter65,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We apologise for the inconvenience. We were able to locate the account and seen that our Engineering team is already handling the case and lodged this with NBN Co. We understand the importance of your service, however, as you are aware we rely on NBN Co in resolving the issues with the NBN network since their technicians are the only ones authorised to investigate their network.

I understand that there's an NBN technician visit today, however, you are not available. Our Engineering team will try to request to reschedule the visit on your preferred date and time. Your assigned Engineer will be in touch once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

peter65
Level 2

Hi Basil DV

Thank you for your apology.  I would like a few point clear should there be a misunderstanding in the meaning of your reply.  

Yes your engineering team were "handling it", but I was still getting TPG saying it was NBN and NBN saying there was no problem.  That was after two weeks of poor quality internet.  TPG may rely on NBN for a fix, however I do not pay NBN.  I pay TPG for the service, and thus my issue is with TPG, not NBN.   As a customer I really should not need to know who's problem it is because that just sounds like an excuse by TPG.  TPG is fully responsible for the quality of my internet service.  You know that.

The booking made with NBN today was scheduled without my knowledge, so it should not be a surprise that I was not able to attend.  Contact from TPG before the booking was made would have been better service.

To enable this issue to be resolved I will be monitoring service quality carefully to ensure that I'm getting a service that matches the monthly fee I am paying TPG.

Since this has not occurred for at least the past two weeks, are you able to provide details as what is TPG policy on the issue of poor quality?

If I purchased an item at Woolworths, Coles or any other store and the item proved to be defective or not fit for purpose I would be entitles to a refund or exchange under the Australian Consumer Protection Laws.

Can you explain in what circumstances TPG will provide refunds to customers that have been affected by poor quality of service or defective networks? I mean surely, this is the morally right thing to do by any corporation.  Its not like your a bank right?

regards

Peter65

BasilDV

Hi @peter65,

We understand, that's why our Engineering team keeps on putting pressure with NBN Co to further investigate the network issue.

As per the initial test that was conducted by the NBN technician, they weren't able to locate any issues on their network, however, the TPG technician that runs further test have found an evident high resistance which causes the dropouts on your service. This is why we've requested for a 2nd NBN technician to further investigate the network.

Once the case is resolved and the service is working the way it should be, we will request to assess the case and provide credit/billing adjustment to compensate for the downtime of your service.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

peter65
Level 2

Thank you BasilDV

Mc_Gerald

You're welcome @peter65! Our Engineering team is closely monitoring the progress of this case and they will contact you directly for any important updates. -Mc