TPG Community

Get online support

Email delivery failure to Hotmail address

RMS1
Level 3

Hi,

I regularly send email to a Hotmail address without any problem.  Today I have twice tried to do so, and have both times received a delivery status notification (failure), as follows in the cut and paste below.  Is the fault at TPG or Hotmail, and what can be done to solve it?

Thanks,

RMS1

Reporting-MTA: dns; rpt-cro-asav2.external.tpg.com.au

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [name at Hotmail.com]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; [104.47.56.161]
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.7.1 Service unavailable, Client host [60.241.0.38] blocked using Spamhaus. To request removal from this list see https://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/60.241.0.38 (AS3130). [CO1NAM11FT061.eop-nam11.prod.protection.outlook.com 2023-08-19T02:56:04.423Z 08DB9D0D9EA5F522]' (delivery attempts: 0)

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @RMS1 

Are you using the webmail or an email client?

Are you only getting the said error on @hotmail domain email addresses?

BasilDV

RMS1
Level 3

Replying to my own message:

Using the information in the Delivery Status Notification, I have clicked on the Spamhaus link.  It reports no issues with Client Host [60.241.0.38].  Is there anything else I am supposed to do?

RMS1
Level 3

I am using an email client - Mozilla Thunderbird.  I've been using it for many years.  I am only getting the error message on the Hotmail email address - I regularly send email to this address.  It has only happened today.

BasilDV

Have you tried to send a test mail to other @hotmail address? 

Can you also send an email to the said @hotmail address using the webmail (Post Office)?

We'd like to narrow down the possible issue upon receiving the bounce back error message.

RMS1
Level 3

After the failure to deliver the message twice via my TPG address, I re-sent it via my Gmail address, from my email client (Thunderbird) with no problem.

RMS1
Level 3

No I haven't sent any emails today to other Hotmail addresses.

I've followed your advice and have just sent an email to the same Hotmail address, using TPG's webmail.  I haven't had a bounceback error message.

BasilDV

If the error is only when you send an email via Thunderbird, then try to restart your email client or re-enter your Email account in it.

BasilDV