TPG Community

Get online support

Email port numbers for iPad

RMS1
Level 3

Hi,

Suddenly my iPad email program fails to open, although I have not altered any settings. In the Settings section I've traced the problem to my TPG email address, as, by process of elimination the other email addresses are still working.

I think the problem is the TPG server port numbers, probably the incoming server port.

The current settings are:

Incoming server port:  995

Outgoing server port:  587

It is a POP account.  I have tried substituting to Incoming server port 110 but although it is accepted when saved, the iPad email program still won't open.

Thanks,

RMS1

6 REPLIES 6
RMS1
Level 3

I should add that my TPG email account is working OK on my laptop and mobile phone email apps, and also on my Mailwasher app on the laptop.

- RMS1

david64
Level 15

Hi @RMS1 . 

For sending, port 587 with security None or Starttls, or, port 465 with security SSL/TLS.

For receiving, port 110 with security None or Starttls, or, port 995 with security SSL/TLS.

RMS1
Level 3

Thanks.  Yes these settings would seem to be correct but the iPad email app opens for a second or two, then closes.  I've tried all the port and security options you have referred to.  The email app was working yesterday without any problem, but it is refusing to work today.  (If I temporarily turn the TPG email account off, the email app works perfectly well.)

In iPad Settings, either the altered settings are immediately verified and saved, or the verification process goes on and on, and I have to abort it by closing the Settings down.  I'm assuming you don't have to wait three or four minutes for verification to take place.

I am thinking of deleting the account from the iPad and reinstalling the account again.

BasilDV

Hi @RMS1

I am thinking of deleting the account from the iPad and reinstalling the account again.

You may try this first, as the account is working on other devices.

Let us know it goes.

BasilDV

RMS1
Level 3

Hi,

Yesterday I deleted the TPG account from the iPad and then installed it as a new account.  The email app is now working properly again.  After it began working, though, I had to make an adjustment to one of the settings, as in the list of email accounts (such as "GMail" etc) the app indentified the account by my name rather than as TPG.

RMS1

BasilDV

Hi @RMS1

Glad that the main issue is now resolved.

You can still change the name for the TPG email on your Mail Application to identify it as TPG instead of your name.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV