TPG Community

Get online support

Home Wireless Broadband - Status Lights / Signal Quality

ant01jan2
Level 3

Just received my Home Wireless Router 

Questions - What purpose are the 4G status LED ? It goes like traffic lights from None to Red to Yellow and Green ?

I get its related to signal strenght 25 / 50 / 75% is what I can see on the Status

I tried putting it as close to the window as possible ( any closer it would outside ) ... but makes only a slight difference ?  What do the antennas do that re included ? are they for Wifi or Mobile  network?

There is little info on the TP-Link AX5400 - or manual.

This service has dropped out 4 times in the first day ....... Am I in a bad signal area  ?   I have a 4G mobile tower almost across the road .........  I might have to switch back to NBN copper

Home users say it drops out - but LED status does not reflect connectivity - I have had no 4G LED , but I still seem to be connected.  Not sure how reliable this is ....... Any ideas to assist before I cancel within the first 7 days I can go back to NBN ?

9 REPLIES 9
Ahra_G

Hi @ant01jan2

You may check out the Community articles below to learn more about the Home Wireless Broadband:

If the issue persists, let us have your TPG Customer ID or username via private message so we can assist you further. 

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Ahra_G

drbob
Level 6

I think that it would be nice if the resolution were posted!

Riezl

Hi @drbob , may we know if you are having issues with the service?

drbob
Level 6

I was experiencing similar problems (and therefore would have been keen to know how the story ended) but then the problems went away and no, I am not currently experiencing issues with the home wireless broadband service. If someone had closed the thread with the solution, I am sure many would have benefitted from it.

By the way, thanks for following up.

ant01jan2
Level 3

Hi Ahra

I wih to cancel this trial and go back to NBN

Evidently we have had Zoom calls and gaming problems

Ping times on ADSL were 7ms whilst on Home wireless about 24 ms

I will most likely upgrade my NBN speed

Cheers

Anthony

ant01jan2
Level 3

Hi Bob

Never got a resolution - the user experience was enough.

It was an attempt to get rid of that pesky land line and save some money

But didn't work for me

BTW - those 4G status lights don't seem to reflect the connection is up or down ( rather ignore them)

drbob
Level 6

Hi Antony,

Sorry to hear that your trial was not a positive one. I guess that by now you are back to NBN? By the way, what kind of hardware did you receive? From your descriptions in your first post, it seems different from mine (Vodafone Hub 2.0, NL1902).

My experience with the 4G Wireless Home Broadband service is very positive if you exclude the initial angst of no 4G related LED turning on and no connection. Since then I have been getting a superb internet connection without a single drop out  in  spite of what appears to be poor signal  levels. I noticed that yesterday afternoon and this morning I am seeing two signal LEDs on rather than one, Download speeds are close to the advertised 20Mbps and defintely above my NBN 12Mbps. The main problem I experienced was with WiFi but things seemed to have settled down now. So, I am thinkging that I shall allow TPG to cancel my NBN service today athough there are two things that are worrisome:

1. Who pays mobile charges when someone calls my landline number and the call is forwarded to a mobile phone?

2. A couple of months ago I had to call the USA (multiple times) and the call rates over the landline was around $0.02 per minute. Calling USA with my mobile plan will cost me about five times more! Also I note that 1300 numbers are also charged per minute as compared to single charge of $0.30(?). On the plus side, I rarely make these kind of calls, so, I guess in the event I have to make them, their costs would have been more than offset with the savings...

3. There is a third thing that I am thinking about; port forwarding. I wished TPG couild provide a solution.

ant01jan2
Level 3

Sorry DrBob, didn't see your message til this date.

The end of the story was, I decided to go back to NBN, but not smoothly - I suddenly had a NBN cable fault whilst I was abscent on the 4G trial , it took 2 weeks to recover having no internet in the interim.

Tota waste of time for me.

Cheers

Anthony

Strunksa598
Level 2

I'm especially stayed aware of the article and I will get many benefits from it. Subsequently, thank you for sharing it.That is what I was looking for, what information, present here at this site.

DGME Employee Portal