TPG Community

Get online support

How to contact TPG

icedhendrix
Level 2
You call they say to use chat you go on chat they say they cant chat you text they dont respond. How the hell do I talk to them? My internet was apparently activated although it doesnt work. Troubleshooting online says contact TPG! Easier said than done.
9 REPLIES 9
David_M

Hi @icedhendrix 

Thanks for your query!

I will check on some things to see if i can help out.

regards,

David_M

David_M

Hi @icedhendrix 

It says your NBN-HFC order is still pending.

Do you have an NBN-NTD box connected to a coax socket in your house, and do you have a TPG supplied modem?

Regards,

David_M

icedhendrix
Level 2
Not sure what an NBN HCF is and why it is still pending I was under the impression nothing was required further for activation.

I have an NBN Box connected to a coax skt I believe. I dont see it saying NTD anywhere on the box

Modem is TP Link.

Thanks
icedhendrix
Level 2
What do I have to do now?
Am I waiting on a delivery, do I have to do something? Will it just be activated by TPG like I was told?

Thanks.
David_M

Hi @icedhendrix 

Based on that picture, you are using the wrong cable.

You should be using a LAN cable (ethernet, cat5, network cable - all the same thing) between the WAN port on the modem(blue port) and the output of the black NBN box(that is called an NTD).

Currently you are using a phone cable which will not work.

You use the grey ''phone cord'' to plug your telephone into the ''phone1'' port on the back of the modem.

There is a good chance your NBN will self activate and start working.

Connect to the WIFI from the details on the bottom of the modem.

Regards,

David_M

icedhendrix
Level 2
David_M

Hi @icedhendrix 

Please find an attached link for a guide to help you configure your modem.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-set-up-your-TP-Link-VR1600v-modem/m-p/709#...

Regards,
David_M

icedhendrix
Level 2
It is set up that way and all green lights are on. I have wireless connection. it just says internet may not be available. Please confirm you have activated it.