TPG Community

Get online support

How to contact TPG

Highlighted
Level 1d
You call they say to use chat you go on chat they say they cant chat you text they dont respond. How the hell do I talk to them? My internet was apparently activated although it doesnt work. Troubleshooting online says contact TPG! Easier said than done.
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Hi @icedhendrix 

Thanks for your query!

I will check on some things to see if i can help out.

regards,

David_M

Highlighted

Hi @icedhendrix 

It says your NBN-HFC order is still pending.

Do you have an NBN-NTD box connected to a coax socket in your house, and do you have a TPG supplied modem?

Regards,

David_M

Highlighted
Level 1d
Not sure what an NBN HCF is and why it is still pending I was under the impression nothing was required further for activation.

I have an NBN Box connected to a coax skt I believe. I dont see it saying NTD anywhere on the box

Modem is TP Link.

Thanks
Highlighted
Level 1d
What do I have to do now?
Am I waiting on a delivery, do I have to do something? Will it just be activated by TPG like I was told?

Thanks.
Highlighted

Hi @icedhendrix 

Based on that picture, you are using the wrong cable.

You should be using a LAN cable (ethernet, cat5, network cable - all the same thing) between the WAN port on the modem(blue port) and the output of the black NBN box(that is called an NTD).

Currently you are using a phone cable which will not work.

You use the grey ''phone cord'' to plug your telephone into the ''phone1'' port on the back of the modem.

There is a good chance your NBN will self activate and start working.

Connect to the WIFI from the details on the bottom of the modem.

Regards,

David_M

Highlighted
Level 1d
Highlighted
Level 1d
Highlighted

Hi @icedhendrix 

Please find an attached link for a guide to help you configure your modem.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-set-up-your-TP-Link-VR1600v-modem/m-p/709#...

Regards,
David_M

Highlighted
Level 1d
It is set up that way and all green lights are on. I have wireless connection. it just says internet may not be available. Please confirm you have activated it.