TPG Community

Get online support

Invalid Certificate Error --> mail.wondercom.com.au

giffynet
Level 2

Today, when I launch Microsofy Outlook 2016 to retrieve my email (MacOS), I get the following error;

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A secure connection cannot be established with the server mail.tpg.com.au.

Do you want to continue?

If you continue, the information that you view and send will be encrypted, but will not be secure.

[checkbox]. Always truse "mail.wondercom.com.au" when connecting to "mail.tpg.com.au"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The certificate listed is for mail.wondercom.com.au, and it says that it expired on Sunday May 7, 2017.  That's nearly 4 years ago.  It also says that the certificate cannot be trusted but as per normal, offeres the opportunity to install and trust it anyhow. 

I'm not sure what to do with this.   What do you suggest ? 

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

@giffynet . Don't install the expired certificate. TPG Postmaster is working on problem. My email client has same problem. It tries every 10 minutes and gets through some times and not others. I can still send and receive but there is a random delay.

giffynet
Level 2

Oh great.  That makes sense as I have seen some email come in.  I didn't really want to use the expired cert as I was concerned abo MITM issues.

Thanks for the info. 

Ahra_G

Hi @giffynet,

The email issue was raised to our System Administrators and have confirmed that everything should be working properly now. 

Should this not be the case, please don't hesitate to send us a private message in order for us to assist accordingly. 

-Ahra_G

giffynet
Level 2

@Ahra_G wrote:

Hi @giffynet,

The email issue was raised to our System Administrators and have confirmed that everything should be working properly now. 

Should this not be the case, please don't hesitate to send us a private message in order for us to assist accordingly. 

-Ahra_G

Hi.  Yes I see that the Cert error has disappeared.  Thankjs fer letting me know - cheers.