TPG Community

Get online support

MS Outlook send error

jgwall
Level 3

I am having an issue with sending email from my home email, MS Outlook. I get the following message

Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 535 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User ******@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse.

I have reset my email post office and MS outlook password but no change. I have emailed the postmaster@tpg.com.au to advise of the issue, but no answewr or change yet. This is getting ridiculous now. One day it was working and the next day I am in the "naughty corner" . HELP!

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @jgwall

We'd like to raise this with our Post Masters and lift the ban on your account.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

jgwall
Level 3

I now have another complicated issue. I changed my password to get access to the community and I can't log in to my post office or account. But the email is partially fixed as I have sent myself a test message. Wht is going on here?  

BasilDV

Hi @jgwall

Have you tried the old and new password that you've created to login to your My account or Post office?

BasilDV

jgwall
Level 3

I have a different password for the Community, that I have not saved in my passwords list, and I can log in OK. My Postoffice/Account has another password that is saved and I can log in OK. That's an issue with Chrome/FireFox in the way that save passwords. Frustrating but I just work around it. Email looks to be sorted out now. Smiley Happy

BasilDV

Glad that this has been sorted @jgwall.

Have a good day!

BasilDV