TPG Community

Get online support

PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

SOLVED Go to solution
zebra43
Level 3

My desktop won't let me sign in to My Account or My Post Office.

I get the error

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to cyberstore.tpg.com.au. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

This happens across all browers and is the only site that is a problem for me. It still happens when VPN and antivirus are disabled. I can however log in on my mobile phone.

This has happened just lately.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

@zebra43 . You might try Mozilla support. They might have a suggestion.

Info on this:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/secure-connection-failed-firefox-did-not-connect

When I do packet capture on my computer, the cyberstore.tpg.com.au is using TLSv1.2 so that shouldn't be the problem.

View solution in original post

zebra43
Level 3

@david64Last night I was thinking about what you mentioned about other security products I might have had, then I realised that although I had disconnected Nord VPN, I hadn't turned off the virus protection that comes with Nord now. Once I'd done that, I was able to log in...finally!

Sorry to put you through all that when I should have realised the problem earlier, and thank you for all your help.

Regards

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
david64
Level 15

Hi @zebra43 . Considering just Post Office, when do you get the error message?

Can you get to the Post Office login screen?   https://www.tpg.com.au/home/postoffice

What happens when you enter your username and password?

When you get the error, what address is in the browser address field?

In the browser address field, is there the Lock symbol? Tapping or clicking the Lock symbol gives certificate info.

You can try clearing the cache in one of your browsers.

zebra43
Level 3

Hi @david64 Thanks for your quick reply

Yes, I can get the Post Office login screen. After I enter my username and password, I get the error

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to postoffice.tpg.com.au. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

In the browser address field https://postoffice.tpg.com.au/index.php/mail/auth/processlogin and to the left of that is a lock and Not Secure.

I tapped the lock and it said connection not secure.

I will try clearing the cache in one of my browsers.

zebra43
Level 3

Hi @david64

I just cleared the cache in Firefox and still get the same error unfortunately.

david64
Level 15

@zebra43 . When you tap the lock and it says connection not secure, is there anything else, maybe a link to  Details  , or something else you can tap. Still wondering about certificates.

If you go to    bom.gov.au    , which does not use https anyhow, how do you go?

zebra43
Level 3

@david64  Yes when I tap the lock I can get a page info with tabs of General, Media, Permissions and Security.

With bom, on Firefox I can't get that page and I get the message

The Bureau of Meteorology website does not currently support connections via HTTPS

On Chrome I can get to the website, but it says it is Not secure

david64
Level 15

@zebra43 . Does Firefox have a setting which enforces https? Can you disable it to test?

I'm familiar with Chrome, if you could use that.

In your Community session, tap the lock symbol.

You get a popup that says connection is secure. Tap that line, gives another popup. 

Tap Certificate information to see details of the certificate used by Community.

Want to see if you get anything like that when you login to Post Office.

Shane

HI @zebra43,

Let us help identify what causing this error message on our end. Could you shoot us a PM with your details. Also attach the screenshot of both error message when logging into post office and TPG My account.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

My desktop won't let me sign in to My Account or My Post Office.

I get the error

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to cyberstore.tpg.com.au. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

This happens across all browers and is the only site that is a problem for me. It still happens when VPN and antivirus are disabled. I can however log in on my mobile phone.

This has happened just lately.

zebra43
Level 3

@david64The Firefox setting is at Don't enable HTTPS-only mode.

In Chrome in my Community session, after I tap the lock symbol, it shows connection is secure, certificate is valid and a certificate viewer.

On the login page of Post Office, I get a similar certificate etc

When I enter my name and password, this site can't be reached page comes up, and there is no lock in the address bar but just an 'i' symbol which when clicked on,  says your connection to this site is not secure.

david64
Level 15

@zebra43 . Only other thoughts. Do you have a security product that might be stopping connection to cyberstore? The real error might be "Secure Connection Failed". The other messages are reported by higher layers of software.

Cyberstore uses these certificates:

*.tpg.com.au

Sectigo RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA

USERTrust RSA Certification Authority

AAA Certificate Services