TPG Community

Get online support

Problems with sending mail from TPG post office

flanfeng
Level 2

Is anyone else having problems sending mail from the TPG postoffice?  i've bene having these problems for months regardless of whether I use firefox, Safari, my phone (Google or Chrome) or MS Edge on my laptop.  All are latest versions of the search engines.  Whne I click of TPG psot office I sometimes have ot wait minutes to log in and same when oprniong/sending or deleting mail from the inbox.  A typical nonsense message (there are a number that appear) is:

"Database Connection Failed

Atmail could not communicate to the database resulting in an error. To continue please check the following:

• Database username and password are correct
  • Hostname is authorized to connect to the database server
  • The software has been installed correctly and the database schema created
  • Validate your database connection details in the file config/dbconfig.ini

The error message returned from the server includes:

SQLSTATE[42000] [1203] User atmail already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections Once the database connection details have been resolved, reload your browser to continue with the session."

I contacted the TPG webmaster late last year but the advbice was that there was no problem identified.  I'm seriously thinking of abandoning trying to use the Post Office and gettign a GMail postal address.  So frustrating!  Anyone else experiencing these problems with TPG mail?

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Thanks for raising this to us, @flanfeng and welcome to the community!

We recommend to raise the issue directly to our postmaster for real-time test and investigation, you may send them an email to postmaster@tpg.com.au.

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Is anyone else having problems sending mail from the TPG postoffice?  i've bene having these problems for months regardless of whether I use firefox, Safari, my phone (Google or Chrome) or MS Edge on my laptop.  All are latest versions of the search engines.  Whne I click of TPG psot office I sometimes have ot wait minutes to log in and same when oprniong/sending or deleting mail from the inbox.  A typical nonsense message (there are a number that appear) is:

"Database Connection Failed

Atmail could not communicate to the database resulting in an error. To continue please check the following:

• Database username and password are correct
  • Hostname is authorized to connect to the database server
  • The software has been installed correctly and the database schema created
  • Validate your database connection details in the file config/dbconfig.ini

The error message returned from the server includes:

SQLSTATE[42000] [1203] User atmail already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections Once the database connection details have been resolved, reload your browser to continue with the session."

I contacted the TPG webmaster late last year but the advbice was that there was no problem identified.  I'm seriously thinking of abandoning trying to use the Post Office and gettign a GMail postal address.  So frustrating!  Anyone else experiencing these problems with TPG mail?

flanfeng
Level 2

Thank you.  I'll try your suggestion. 

I still think I'll opt to use an alternative email address as TPG Post Office has become way too slow and unreliable for me to use.

Regards