TPG Community

Get online support

TP link Archer VR1600 modem overheating and going yellow across the top

iangatherer
Level 2

My TP Link Archer VR1600v Ver:2.0 Modem Router has been playing up. For the last week we have only been getting download speeds of between 25Mpbs and 30Mpbs all day when we are normally seeing speeds of between 90Mpbs and 100Mpbs being on the NBN 100plan. I've also noticed that the modem seems to be quite hot and it has developed a yellow/brown staing on the top which looks like it is over heating. Could you please advise what optoons I have?Modem Overheating.jpegModem 1.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @iangatherer 

We'd like to check on what we can arrange for you. 

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

pauster007
Level 2

i have this yellowing and frequent connection dropping problem, as weell, but i cant seem to enable my private message, saying that is access denied. Posting this here now and will try logout and  try to relogin

Shane

Hi @pauster007 ,

Is the modem/router having the same yellowish stain? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Let us help check what causing the issue and rectify this ASAP. Send me a PM with your details.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

i have this yellowing and frequent connection dropping problem, as weell, but i cant seem to enable my private message, saying that is access denied. Posting this here now and will try logout and  try to relogin

pauster007
Level 2

How can i pm you when i keep on receiving this. 

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

Shane

Hi @pauster007 

Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Henry1
Level 2

I have this same issue, what do i need to do to get a replacement modem?

Ahra_G

Hi @Henry1

We'd be glad to sort one out for you. Please send us a private message along with your TPG customer/username. 

-Ahra_G

Akaplun
Level 2
BasilDV

Hi @Akaplun

Let's check on what we can arrange for you.

Please flick us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV