TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to access TPG email filters

SOLVED Go to solution
colo19
Level 3

Yesterday I tried to access the mail filters on TPG mail through the website and all I get is an error "404 Could not find the page you are looking for" and this is for all mail filtering, even on mobile or pc.

Is there a problem with tpg mail filters?

I also had the experience of suddenly not being able to log into my notebook and had to get microsoft to send an email code to reset password. No email was ever received. I managed to get a SMS code to get back in to the notebook.

In my mail filters I have a block on a spam source from"microsoftstore" which is a spam site in Canada, not actually Microsoft. Could that filter have been preventing genuine emails from Microsoft from getting through?

I could not edit or delete the filter because of the above problem, could not access the email filters in the first place and that is still the case. Help Please.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
colo19
Level 3

Many thanks for fixing this david64, all good now.

View solution in original post

selim
Level 3

Hello Shane,

TPG webmail seems to be running stable now and I am able edit my mail filter settings.

kind regards,

Joe.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Ascidian99
Level 4

Sorry not a help msg - but an addition.  Both my wife and I are also unable to access mail filter settings on our separate accounts with the err 404. (she has been trying for several days).

May be a related problem but have been getting reports from friends and others  (Energy Australia) that they are getting msgs bounced back and have to resort to other means.

BasilDV

Hi @Ascidian99 and @colo19

Thanks for raising this with us.

Are you still not able to access the Mail filter page?

Are you still getting the same error message?

BasilDV

colo19
Level 3

Hi BasilDV, I just checked, still can not access the mail filters.

Just attaced a screen shot of what is happening to all filter lists.

This is also happening on aliases as well.

Thanks for checking.

Ascidian99
Level 4

Hi BasilDV,

no change.  Still getting err 404.

david64
Level 15

@Ascidian99 @colo19 @BasilDV .

On 16th, I sent an email to postmaster about this.

In Post Office, select Settings tab, select Mail Filter Settings.
Junk Mail Filtering section and Filtered Mail Notification section is displayed.

The 3 sections of Address Filtering and Advanced Filters each show this:

(404): Could not find the page you were looking for?
redirecting you to the TPG Home Page.
In 3 seconds, you will be automatically redirected to the
TPG Home Page 
(If you are not automatically redirected after 5 seconds, just click the link above.)

The web page is receiving the 404 response from webmail-ssl.mysoul.com.au.

The Chrome Developer tools console is showing the following messages repeated 4 times:
Mixed Content: The page at '<URL>' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure frame '<URL>'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

Waiting to hear something substantive.
colo19
Level 3

HI david64, I just tried reducing and turning off the junk mail filtering settings to see if it would restore function of the filters. After updating the page, no change to the settings had occurred. It is as if the junk mail filtering system is just not there any more. Bit of a worry as I had to delete a possible filter preventing me from getting Microsoft emails when I needed them. I had been getting spam emails from a "microsoftstore" trying to coax me into Bitcoin trades, I know that particular site was not legitimate Microsoft and the unwanted emails  were still getting through the filtering system despite the filters. Usually I have spam well under control but now I can't do anything about it.

On Chrome, Mozilla and on mobiles using Android I also can't access the mail filtering on TPG.

david64
Level 15

@colo19 @Ascidian99 @selim . TPG has fixed this. All settings should be present.

Ascidian99
Level 4

thanks David64 - all now good.  I suspect your diagnostics played a big part.  Thank you for providing them.

colo19
Level 3

Many thanks for fixing this david64, all good now.