TPG Community

Get online support

Using TPG POP email with outlook

njojkity
Level 2

I have purchased a new iPad and I am trying to set up an outlook account for my TPG email. Outlook will not accept a POP account. My existing tpg account is a POP account.

Also, I currently have a tpg POP account on my Imac that I have had for years but I cant seen to set up a new outlook account on my new Ipad

I have a few questions.

1. Is there a way to set up a tpg pop account on outlook on my new Ipad?

2. My understanding is that Outlook may only accept an IMAP account and I can purchase an IMAP account from tpg for $40 per annum which is fine.

2(a) What happens to my old POP account if I purchase a new IMAP account?

2(b) Can I have the same email address for both POP and IMAP on a tpg email or do they need to be different?

2(c) Do I need to pay for both a IMAP account and a POP account if I want to keep the old information from my POP email account and start a IMAP account?

Regards

Nick Jojkity

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @njojkity

What version of outlook are you using for your iMac?

We've searched some information about setting POP account in outlook for MAC and it is possible.

2(a) What happens to my old POP account if I purchase a new IMAP account? If you are not going to cancel the account, then you may still use it along with the IMAP account.

2(b) Can I have the same email address for both POP and IMAP on a tpg email or do they need to be different? You'll not be able to use the same email address for POP and IMAP account.

2(c) Do I need to pay for both a IMAP account and a POP account if I want to keep the old information from my POP email account and start a IMAP account? Yes, unless you'll just export the emails or information from your POP account to the IMAP account before you cancel it.

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

Hi @njojkity . How much built-in storage does your iPad have?

Can you add an extra memory card, like SD card?

A POP account can use a lot of storage eventually.

Before you make a move on IMAP account, check with Apple to make sure that POP is no longer available for Outlook.

2 (c). An imap account is $40 per year. The cost of pop account is bundled into the monthly payment for internet connection. I assume you want to keep your internet connection, so you do not want to cancel anything. 

Your current internet/pop email account can be converted to a pop email only account if you cancel the internet connection. This has an annual fee.