TPG Community

Get online support

Why are the worst company to deal with?

Gecrowe
Level 2
I have had no internet since Monday
It was meant to be fixed within 24 hours
Guess what - it's not.
I've just spoken to Zees (employee number 11053) and she was completely unhelpful.
It's not able to be fixed for 7 days and when I stated this wasn't good enough, she has stated she can't help and has transferred me to engineering who is also not helpful. They have told me it is a cable issue and a large number of customers are experiencing an internet outage as a result and they hope to give me an update 'soon.'
Not being able to fix a service for 7 days is not acceptable
You are the worst company

6 REPLIES 6
Riezl

We apologise for the inconvenience this service disruption is causing you and we'd like to check what can be done to fast track the resolution, @Gecrowe.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and address as we were unable to locate the account using your community details.

To send a PM, please refer to this link:

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Riezl

Hi @Gecrowe, thanks for providing the account details via PM.

As per checking, your service is currently affected by a Telstra outage and Telstra, our wholesale partner advised that the estimated time of restoration is 12/06/19.

We know how inconvenient to wait and to lose access to the internet. This issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team and the case engineer will continue to chase this matter with Telstra.

We'll also advise the case engineer to assess a billing adjustment as soon as the issue is resolved.

Gecrowe
Level 2

As previously mentioned, 7 days+ of outage is not good enough.

I feel confident in the assumption that if this outage was costing your organisation money (your minimal adjustment to our bill is a drop in the ocean for an organisation such as yours), instead of your customers their service, the engineering team would be immediately available to make the required repairs, as opposed to the 7+ days timeframe you have provided.

Second-rate service as usual

Ahra_G

We understand and appreciate your feedback, @Gecrowe.

While we will endeavour to make the service available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the service is not fault free and we cannot guarantee an uninterrupted service, or the speed performance or quality of the service. There are many factors outside of our control which affect the services, such as but not limited to; the performance of third party suppliers and equipment and force majeure events. Please understand that this technical limitation is beyond TPG’s control, specifically when a a network outage occurs.

Nevertheless, the issue is raised to Telstra and our Engineers are continuously chasing them to fast track a resolution. 

An update will be provided as soon as it becomes available. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Gecrowe
Level 2

Please confirm our internet service will be fixed by tomorrow - 12/06, as you have previously confirmed this as the repair date.

We have not had internet for 8 days. I work from home and this has been a significant inconvenience.

I will be terminating my contract with TPG at the earliest opportunity

BasilDV

Hi @Gecrowe,

No provider would wish to cause inconvenience to their customers.

The target date that our third party provider (Telstra) to fix the issue is tomorrow (12/06) on or before 7PM.

The case was prolonged due to the complexity of the network outage that our third party provider (Telstra) experienced.

Our Engineering team is monitoring the account and will be in touch once an update is available.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

BasilDV