TPG Community

Get online support

outgoing emails not being received by bigpond

Angeli

Hi @capofero

May I send you a private message instead?

capofero
Level 3

Yes, that would be fine

tyerman486
Level 2

Can anything be done by TPG to stop Bigpond from blocking TPG emails, or deeming them to be spam before they are issued to their customers? BigPond customers I have communicated with for years by email are no longer receiving my TPG emails (from tyeXXXXXXX@ ), it is making me look unreliable and non-responsive. I do not get bounce back errors, I am sending emails individually, and even replying to their emails does not get back through to them. Talking with the BigPond customers by telephone, I have confirmed that the emails are not arriving with them at all and are not going into their spem folders. 

If this cannot be resolved, what service provider that has a reliable email system do you recommend I move to? It is clear from this thread, that there has been an ongoing problem with this over the last 3 months or so.

BasilDV

Hi @tyerman486

We'd like to check on this further.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with the error message you are receiving.

BasilDV

tyerman486
Level 2

Hello @BasilDV

There is no error message and the emails are not bouncing back. They are also no longer being received by the Bigpond customers I communicate with. Something is stopping emails from TPG to Bigpond getting through - this is evidently an ongoing problem, as indicated by this ongoing thread since June (I can only confirm that it has been a full-on problem for me since about mid July, but I did have to resend a couple of emails early in May to get them through to a Bigpond email address).

According to one Bigpond customer that I asked to try to act from their end: "Bigpond claims there is no filtering / blocking over rider in their system which should affect TPG."

Please advise whether this can be resolved between TPG and Bigpond, or whether I need to find a new internet provider.

Regards,  Kevin

BasilDV

Hi @tyerman486

Our Post Masters are not able to do anything as this is clearly the issue from the receiving end.

The Emails were sent from the TPG mail server completely, but it was blocked by the recipient's mail server.

BasilDV

tyerman486
Level 2

@BasilDV 

So, for confirmation, are you saying that TPG will not make any effort to communicate with other major Australian internet providers, such as Bigpond, to try to resolve issues when their emails won't or can't get through between their respective customers?

Ahra_G

Hi @tyerman486

While our system admin team may explore these options, it would also be best if the intended recipients raise these matters as well with their provider.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Janetteh1967
Level 2
Hey Capofero, just wondering if you got this sorted…I’ve got the same issue…any email going to a BIGPOND email goes nowhere, no message Re non delivery…I just look like I don’t care about my clients as it looks like I don’t answer!! I use an iprimus.com.au email address. However, my husbands email (also an iprimus one) works to my clients, from my computer. Doesn’t matter what computer I use, mine won’t work…so frustrating!!!
BasilDV

Hi @Janetteh1967

You may need to contact the iprimus email admin for further checking.

BasilDV