TPG Community

Get online support

Cannot logon to the VX220-g2v router after changing IP address

JunTina
Level 2

I have a Tplink vx220-g2v modem that was sent by TPG. I want to change the ip address of this modem to 192.168.1.x as I want to use this as a secondary modem instead.

So I changed it (eg 192.168.1.2) and then saved it and it automatically rebooted.

However after the reboot, I cannot reach to the new IP. I tried it many times, using a different 4th octet (.3 or .4 or .100 etc) but after the change and reboot, it does not allow me to logon to the modem.

The new IP is not recognised when I issued "ipconfig" on the Windows command line.

I have asked TPG technical support but they cannot provide an answer. I asked them if the modem is locked and they said their supplied modem is not locked. My primary modem is TPlink vx420-g2V also supplied by TPG and I tried to change it also as I was thinking maybe I can use the TPlink vx220-g2v as the primary modem and the VX420-g2v as the secondary but it is the same issue. If I try to change the IP address of the VX420-g2v, I also cannot logon to it.

1 REPLY 1
david64
Master

Hi @JunTina . On secondary router, disable DHCP and NAT. Also, configure it as Access Point, or Dynamic IP, or Static IP. There's no user manual for these units so it's a matter of trial and error. The secondary router should show in the status display of primary router. Connect secondary router WAN port to primary router LAN port.