Configuring UDM Pro with FTTP

SOLVED Go to solution
nmaharaj
Level 2

I presently have a FTTN connection, using the Archer VR1600V which terminates my internet connection and the UDM Pro which acts as my router.  I am upgrading to FTTP later this week and wondered if I could connect directly from the NBN NTD to the UDM Pro (on the WAN port).  From my research, I understand that a modem is not required - only a router, which theoretically means this should work.

However, I was keen to see if anyone else has tried this and if so, any specific configuration for the UDM Pro, to make this work.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @nmaharaj . You must have the VR1600 in bridge mode and the UDM set as router. With FTTP, you should be able to connect the UDM to the FTTP box.

The UDM setings are PPPoE and username and password (as they should be now). VLAN ID not used.

You can search in Community for anyone using UDM.

View solution in original post

nmaharaj
Level 2

Thanks for the advice.

You are correct in terms of my current configuration.  I double-checked my configuration based on your advice and essentially did not have to make any changes (PPPoE was what I had previously configured with no VLAN ID).   Plugged it up - it all works.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @nmaharaj . You must have the VR1600 in bridge mode and the UDM set as router. With FTTP, you should be able to connect the UDM to the FTTP box.

The UDM setings are PPPoE and username and password (as they should be now). VLAN ID not used.

You can search in Community for anyone using UDM.

alanguide
Level 7

Just adding to what David says, the NBN FTTP NTD box includes the functions of a modem.

nmaharaj
Level 2

Thanks for the advice.

You are correct in terms of my current configuration.  I double-checked my configuration based on your advice and essentially did not have to make any changes (PPPoE was what I had previously configured with no VLAN ID).   Plugged it up - it all works.

Thanks again.