Constant dropouts on FTTB

SOLVED Go to solution
Manuel
Community Manager

Hi @chubbychicken,

Here is a link for general setting and more that may help you out with what your looking for.

https://tpg.com.au/support/setup_fttb.php

TPG General Setting for FTTB:

FTTB GENERAL.PNG

Shane

Hi all,

An update on this issue: there's been no new session dropping events which have been observed in VIC since Thursday 02/11 09:30 AM, and NSW since Thursday 02/11 8:30 PM. The network will continue to be monitored for stability.

We're grateful for the information you guys have provided us to help us look into this issue. If you experience any further issues please let us know.

--

Smiley HappySmiley Happy

thisguy
Level 2

I too have been experiencing constant dropouts and it has come to the point where it would drop out every couple of minutes now. It is extremely frustrating and has only started to happen about 2 months ago. I have yet to go a full day without dropping out numerous times. This is just awful service. Don't know what the issue is, everytime it drops out i check FTTB service status and always active. WiFi stays connected the whole time but no connection to internet.

I have tried turning off and on router and also factory resetting it. Has not helped at all.

BasilDV

Hi @thisguy,

Thanks for raising this with us. Definitely not the type of experience we want to provide our customers. We'd like to look into this further to understand the situation. Please send me a private message with your TPG username or CID number.

And also, when you experience the drop outs, is it time specific?

Cheers!

Varkster
Level 2

Hi,

I had the tech guy come out and seemed to of fixed the issue. However like last time it was a week of perfect internet and no dropouts, now they have stated again. 

I could not log into the modem either wireless or wired without restarting it, looking at the logs it went back to 2010 in that time upon restart it went back to todays date. 

Im getting a bit frustrated by this and really want to know why it can work for a week perfectly after a tech visit then back to rubbish. 

Thanks,

BasilDV

Hi @Varkster,

Dropouts are evident as I checked the account. I've raised this to our Engineering team to do further investigation and requested for them to call you for any updates.

My apologies for the trouble. Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Hi @Varkster,

I've seen that our Engineering team was able to get in touch and a technician visit appointment has been booked to investigate the issue.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Cheers!

stevecharles
Level 3

Make sure your computer is not trying to connect via wireless and ethernet cable. I had a similar problem which was solved by just unplugging the ethernet cable.

danielam81
Level 2
I'm experiencing exactly the same thing. So fustrating! Keep having to spend heaps of money on my mobile data with another provider because the TPG internet keeps dropping out.
Erika

Hi @danielam81

Welcome to TPG Community! 

Apologies for the trouble. 

I've searched for your account using your Community details and was able to find a match. Please note it appears your service is ADSL2+ with Home Phone, not TPG Fibre To The Building (FTTB).

I just ran a remote line test and this shows no physical issue on the line. I've reviewed the notes on your account and can see that our technicians has sent you out a modem in April. Based on their investigation, the wireless connection between your devices and the modem might be causing the internet to drop.

Have you tried connecting one of your device via Ethernet cable for testing purposes?