Fibre to the Premises upgrade

DanBlack
Level 2

I've just received a notification that an FTTP upgrade is now available at my address, but when I look at the list of participating providers, TPG isn't there. Does that mean I'll need to switch to another provider if I want fibre to the premises?

10 REPLIES 10
BasilDV

Hi @DanBlack

We can confirm that we will participate in the FTTP upgrade with NBN Co.

We'd like to check your account to confirm if the said technology is already available, else we will register your interest.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

ddunlop410
Level 2

Hi

I am the same , received an email saying a can now apply for FTTP from FTTN but since TPG are not in the list of participating providers i was wondering when they will be joining so i can get FTTP

Thanks

Aubrey

Welcome to TPG Community @ddunlop410!

We can confirm that we are participating in the Fibre Connect Program where eligible FTTN users can upgrade to FTTP. We have received your message and we'll be checking your address and go from there.

Cheers! 

Waiting
Level 3
This repo seems is badly worded / misleading. I have just got off the phone with TPG support. They are clueless about this process. TPG is not participating in the upgrade scheme. TPG here say they will participate ‘soon’. TPG has held that line for a year or so. They are not currently participating and can provide no advice on when they may. Clearly they don’t want to lose accounts but equally tpg can’t commit to delivering the service.
BasilDV

Hi @Waiting

We can confirm that we are participating in the NBN's Fibre upgrade scheme. 

We can register your interest once we confirm that your suburb is listed here.

You may send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to help you register your address.

BasilDV

ddunlop410
Level 2

Hi

Out of interests how long does it normally take once you register your interest for FTTP upgrade and your street is confirmed does it take before you hear about getting it done ?

Does nbn.co wait till they have a few connections waiting in the same area/street ?

Thanks

Shane

Hi @ddunlop410,

If the address is listed on the NBN Fibre Upgrade Program, once we submit the application, we will be in contact with the next steps and to provide details of the timeframes and requirements for moving to FTTP as soon as they become available.

Regards,

Hi

Out of interests how long does it normally take once you register your interest for FTTP upgrade and your street is confirmed does it take before you hear about getting it done ?

Does nbn.co wait till they have a few connections waiting in the same area/street ?

Thanks

ddunlop410
Level 2

why does it take so long to find out about getting rolled over to FTTP ?

its been 2 months since i first asked about it , i know my street is on the list and if i put my adress in with Exetel or Aussie they both show i can get the free upgrade if i go with them yet TPG shows what i have always had the option  for and doesnt say i can get the free upgrade or any speed past 100 which i know i cant even reach on my current FTTN.

i dont want to jump ship to another provider but i feel TPG are dragging their feet or are not actually part of the upgrade program like we are being told

Shane

Hi @ddunlop410,

We understand that you wish to get a better NBN connection for the upgrade. As a result, TPG has no control over the roll-out of NBN technology and must rely on information provided by the NBNCo. I can confirm that the application for the upgrade has been sent. You will receive a notification as soon as it becomes available.

Regards,

why does it take so long to find out about getting rolled over to FTTP ?

its been 2 months since i first asked about it , i know my street is on the list and if i put my adress in with Exetel or Aussie they both show i can get the free upgrade if i go with them yet TPG shows what i have always had the option  for and doesnt say i can get the free upgrade or any speed past 100 which i know i cant even reach on my current FTTN.

i dont want to jump ship to another provider but i feel TPG are dragging their feet or are not actually part of the upgrade program like we are being told