IMPORTANT: FTTB Service/Port Allocation

SOLVED Go to solution
Joseph_D

@hitoshi24 we apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you and we thank you for sending the picture.

We have escalated this matter in order to get further information, as previously advised we are not able to provide you with TPG FTTB service as of this point due to the limitation of the number of ports available to us.

We may be able to offer TPG ADSL2+ for you.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

hitoshi24
Level 2

Hi @Joseph_D,

Do you have any updates on my enquiry?

I appreciate if you can give me more information over the standard response of "no ports are available".

Where is the limitation occuring? At the MDF? At the TPG FTTB box? Or somewhere further up the line in the TPG/wholesaler network?

Joseph_D

@hitoshi24 I wish I can give you more info, but unfortunately that is all we can provide.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

hitoshi24
Level 2

Hi @Joseph_D @Shane 

Can you please help me get an update on the FTTB upgrade at my location.

My strata manager received a notice that an upgrade of the FTTB box would be completed by Pipe Networks in March 2019, following my complaint about lack of port availability. The upgrade was half completed and we have yet to receive any update from Pipe Networks despite my strata manager reaching out. Please escalate. You should be able to see my location details from my profile as I am a current TPG customer.

BasilDV

Hi @hitoshi24 ,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We'll raise this with our FTTB management to further check the progress of the upgrade in your building.

In case they will need to contact you, are you able to send me a private message with your best contact number?

How to send a PM? Click here.

Regards,

BasilDV

hitoshi24
Level 2
Hi moderators,

Hoping that you can help me forward this issue which has been ongoing for almost 12 months. FTTB box expansion has been installed but requires another site visit to complete new connections. FTTB project manager has moved on and we have been moved to a queue which has had no updates for the past 6 months. Strata manager has tried moving forward with PIPE networks without success. Appreciate if the moderators could reach out to FTTB management for a status update. Let me know if you need me to PM contact details. Thanks and happy holidays.

Regards,
Hitoshi24
Riezl

Hi @hitoshi24, we'll look into this and revert to you once a feedback becomes available.

Riezl

Hi @hitoshi24, our FTTB Management was able to confirm with our supplier that there are still no ports available. The site is due for update by the end of this month, but at this stage, we couldn't tell if the site will have an upgrade or not.

hitoshi24
Level 2

Hi @Riezl , thanks for looking into this. I'm not hopeful that an update will resolve anything. This stagnant status has been ongoing for months. Can it not be escalated in some way?

I hope that Pipe Networks (TPG FTTB wholesale) decide to complete the upgrade. There is not much to completing the upgrade, the physical hardware (second new box) has already been installed.

Riezl

We have escalated your concern to our FTTB management and the information we have provided above is the only update we've got at this stage.

We'll surely let you know once the TPG FTTB/NBN service becomes available since you're an existing TPG ADSL customer.