NO AVALIABLE FTTP PORT FOR ME

SOLVED Go to solution
lht123
Level 3
I have signed up the tpg FTTP service a week ago (tpg website and sales person via phone call assured me that FTTB service is available for my apartment before my sign up). Everything is good until a few days after my signed up, I received an email from TPG stating that there is no available port for my apartment unit. In the email, there is no proper explaination as in what is the meaning of not available port, what is the expected time of delay and what is the next step customer like me should take to avoid any further delay of my internet connection. I am totally left in the dark. Therefore I had called TPG to get the clearer answer, but yet again the technician over the phone not able to answer my question and explain to me why there is no available port for me and what is the expected time of delay. In total I have called tpg 4 times and emailed once, none of the response that I received able to answer my simple questions :

1. What is the meaning of port is not available.
2.How long it will take to have an avaliable port for me? I do not have to know exactly when but estimate of the timing eg. Months weeks or days? At least this will give me an idea of what should I do next with my internet service.

Make the matter worse, I have been charged by Tpg $30 for the modem and delivery. This is again showing the flaw of a Tpg process. TPG should have checked that FTTB service is 100 percent available to the adress before signing the customer up and charged for the modem and delivery.

If TPG unable to sort out this problem, I would like to request my full money back.

Customer should not be left in the dark and better communication of the issue is a must.

I hope that this issue will be resolved promptly . Keen to use the FTTB service if this can be resolved.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lht123
Level 3
Hi

Just letting you know our FTTB Internet has been connected this morning. Thanks for your help.

Regards

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Manuel
Community Manager

Hi @lht123,

I definitely understand your frustration.

Ill answer your questions and work on this myself to get it resolved.

1. What is the meaning of port is not available.

Answer: In the MDF of the apartment block there is TPG infrastructure. On that infrastructure the Port's have been all been used

2. How long will it take to find a port.

Answer: I have contacted our FTTB wholesaler to get an update of a possible upgrade. I will have an answer by the end of today.

Ill reply with an update here.

Thanks

Manuel

lht123
Level 3

Thanks for your reply, and yes please give an update asap. 

Regards

Manuel
Community Manager

Hi @lht123,

I have talked to our FTTB wholesale manager, he has already gone to the building manager of your building to upgrade the TPG infrastructure to have more ports.

When they recently assesed the building to be upgraded for more ports, it was found that the communications room in your building could not support more ports to be added.

There are heat issues in that communications room which does not allow us to add more ports as it may affect existing customers.

At this time no upgrade can happen to give you a port.

We may be able to offer you an alternative service depending on availability in your building.

lht123
Level 3

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for your information.

I have discussed this issue with my building manager, and they are looking for ways on how they can get air conditioning into the MDF room/ find more room for the port but before they proceed with this, they have some questions that they would like to discuss with you.

They are happy to give you a call to discuss. Can you please let me know what is your best contact no. so that I can forward it to my building manager.

Thanks in advance. You can private msg. me.

BasilDV

Hi @lht123,

Thank you for getting back to us, Are you able to shoot me a private message of your Building manager contact details and we will pass it on to our FTTB wholesale manager to discuss this further.

Kind regards,

lht123
Level 3

Hi 

I have sent a private message to you please check. Please keep me in the loop. 

Thank you

Regards

BasilDV

Messaged received @lht123. Thank you very much.

I will forward this to our FTTB wholesale manager for further discussion.

For more update, please contact your building manager.

Kind regards,

lht123
Level 3

Hi,

There is no one contact my building manager regarding to the issue. Can you please send me FTTB person's direct contact via private message. Thank you!!

We need the problem solve asap. 

Regards

BasilDV

Hi @lht123,

I have sent an urgent follow up with our FTTB wholesale manager and will provide you update once available.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,