TPG Community

Get online support

Will TPG FTTB continue to be supported now you've merged with Vodafone?

fthurn
Level 3

Hi,

I received a standard Vodafone call yesterday wanting to update my plans with them. They tried to strongarm me into accepting an NBN plan with them telling me it would be the same as my TPG FTTB plan. I knew better and refused. Now the companies have merged, will the TPG FTTB product be maintained, or can I expect more calls where Vodafone try to tell me NBN is the same as FTTB, which it patently is not?

Thank you,

Fiona

2 REPLIES 2
Ahra_G

Hi @fthurn

Our FTTB service does not rely on NBN and Vodafone Infrastructure, and it is only available in selected buildings and will depend on the agreement between the building administrators and our project managers, whilst the NBN Co serves as a wholesale provider for most of the NBN service(s). 

We use Vodafone towers for our Mobile services. 

For any future changes that may arise, we will definitely inform our customers via our websites, email and/or phone calls. 

Ask, answer and talk about our products! Check out our community page today at https://community.tpg.com.au

Cheers! 

Ahra_G

fthurn
Level 3

Hi @Ahra_G ,

Thank you. That's good to know. I'll be hanging on to my FTTB as long as I can, and I'll make sure Vodafone understands the difference between your FTTB product and the NBN.

Thank you,

Fiona