SOLVED Go to solution
kevinh93
Level 2

i have constant high ping recently 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ilissiya
Level 3

Is it time specific? Did you  auto clicker    make sure that there's no background application running on your device? Is it time jumble solver   specific? word unscrambler  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @kevinh93

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the account.

Did you test the ping via Wired or Wireless connection? Also, did you isolate the device that you've used to test the ping?

Is it time specific? Did you make sure that there's no background application running on your device? Is it time specific?

Also, are you aware that you are under the basic NBN12/1 speed tier?

Sorry for the number of questions as we need to further analyze this issue.

Regards,

BasilDV

kevinh93
Level 2

the ping seems stable atm but it would still shoot up to 100-300ms for a sec particulary when i am gaming which causes the game to freeze for a second. i also seem to have recurring problem when gaming as the ping would seem fine (10ms) but as soon as in an online game it would shoot up for a sec (500ms) and then drop back down - been happening few times past week

it was tested only through wifi

i didnt isolate the device but all devices showed high ping

the unstable ping seems to be during a random part of the day but the ping shown in the pictures was unstable for many hours

yes i didnt have anything running during the high ping

yes i recently made the switch to nbn, prior to it i would also have unstable ping

BasilDV

Hi @kevinh93,

What game were you playing and do you know what server were you connected?

Running a test via Wired will give us an edge to understand if the issue is within your WiFi connection as we know that it is prone to signal interference.

Also, you need to check if the online game requires a high Upload bandwidth as you are enrolled to the 12/1 NBN speed tier.

If the issue persists, let us know or contact our Tech team for real time support. Here's the number: 1300 997 271.

BasilDV

kevinh93
Level 2

League of legends on the oceanic server located in sydney - 104.160.156.1 ip 

i will try if it becomes unstable like before 

BasilDV

This is noted, @kevinh93.

Let us know how it goes.

kevinh93
Level 2

still having issues with ping - not as bad as previously but still experiencing high ping spikes followed by packet loss. This was done through wifi, dont currently have a spare ethernet cord for wired. 

ilissiya
Level 3

Is it time specific? Did you  auto clicker    make sure that there's no background application running on your device? Is it time jumble solver   specific? word unscrambler