TPG Community

Get online support

Nbn Connection

jeremymoller
Level 2
I submitted a request to tpg to have my hfc nbn connected on 2 January 2021 and am still waiting. I have been provided with the modem but TPG have been unable or unwilling to secure a new appointment with nbn Co. I understand there is a service shortage for hfc connections but I already have the ntd, I just need a port installed. Please explain the delay.
2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @jeremymoller

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that we've been requesting for a schedule to install the service with NBN Co., however, it is being declined as there's no available appointment due to the shortage of manpower.

We'll raise this with our NBN Service delivery team to raise this further with NBN Co.

A case manager will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

Benjamin_70
Level 2

@FaceTime wrote:
I submitted a request to tpg to have my hfc nbn connected on 2 January 2021 and am still waiting. I have been provided with the modem but TPG have been unable or unwilling to secure a new appointment with nbn Co. I understand there is a service shortage for hfc connections but I already have the ntd, I just need a port installed. Please explain the delay.

FTTC uses existing phone line from the pit to your house to provide the internet. You will plug the NBN provided NCD into the phone line and power. Then plug an ethernet cable between the NCD and your router. You will need a router that has a dedicated WAN port or a port that can be changed to one.